B2 gas tank baffles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2 gas tank baffles

I dont know where this thread should be but it involves my b2 tank swap in my ranger..the b2 tank doesnt have baffles in it and when I take sweeping turns or anything serious with less than 5 gallons I get a fuel shortage and the truck stalls or cuts in and out..

Has anyone used a universal baffle kit or do they make anything for the B2 tank??figured this will be a problem for more than a street truck as a offroad truck with the swap during a flex situation would do the same...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting. My sc explorer does the same thing. It started when I changed to the higher lph fuel pump. I just never wanted to drop the tank again to se if I could figure out why. Maybe the strainer filter is on seated right?

Explorers have built in baffles to keep the pump from running dry when lower on gas and gas is being forced to one side or other..maybe baffles isnt the right word, let me double check;)

But yes my pump definitely sits all the way on the bottom of the tank, just runs dry when lower on fuel during hard or sweeping turns

Hmm, well...how hard is it to cut the top off and weld baffles in? Obviously not a quick and easy thing to do.

They make universal kits.basically like styrofoam or plastic that goes around the pump about 3 or 4 inches from the bottom and lets gas in the front bottom side only.so when you accelerate or turn left and right the gas its stuck in or around the pump so it doesnt surge.I just havent used it before.

Let me see if I can find a kit and ill post it.

I saw the Horsepower TV guys use that. I forget what project but it's a slick kit.

Yea but some reason I cant find just the foam baffle by its self for sale:( ill keep looking tho.

I was just wonding if anyone else ran into this issue with that tank and what they used but dont think many have done this swap on the forum.

Back