• Register Today It's free!

Back Seat Stuck

Headhunter

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4
Anyone had any problems with the latch on the back seat? On the driver side I have had problems getting it tilted forward so people can get to the 3rd row seat. Now the back seat is stuck folded down, and will not unfold... Have appointment this week for service, and I'm sure they can figure it out, but just checking to see if anyone has had issues with the back-seat latch?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Happens to mine every once and a while. I have found it usually happens when someone doesn't lock the seat down hard enough. Just need to pull the handle again and pull the seat to the previous position.

Thanks. This is more serious than that..the seat is stuck in the down position..it ain't going nowhere....just dropped it off this morning, we'll see what they can figure out...

Just out of curiousity... you are also pulling the lower handle to allow the seat to come back up right? (the same handle to release the seat down... at least in my 2 row)....

yepp... something was broken inside, they had to order some new parts, will have to just leave that seat alone until then.... oh well.

I had the same exact problem with my 2007 Explorer. The passenger side worked great but the drivers side was stuck. I pulled on it so hard that I broke the seat handle right off! Anyway, they ordered parts in to repair it and they are replacing the handle that I muscled off under the warranty.

I had the exact same problem, and just got my car out of shop yesterday (feb 2, 2007). I have the 2007 explorer, w/ 4k. Only used the seat once, when I first got the expl, and it was hard to get the seat back into an upright position, after laying it flat. I was able to do it the first time. But, a couple of weeks ago, same problem again, as you describe. The expl was in the shop for a week, awaiting them to get the part and fix it. It now works.

I have had a suck seat a few times. My problem cleared up by pushing down in the center of the seat so it snaps into the down position, then the seat opens right up. I try not to force anything, assuming its all plastic anyway.

Back