• Register Today It's free!

Battery light

toby.hood

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
My battery light keeps coming on. I put a new battery in, I have had the alternator tested and it was good. I do not know where else to look. Can any one help. Now the wrench keeps coming on. It did it today first where the radio is something came up where it said on the screen connecting then the wrench came on. And it started running sluggish. I have no idea what else to do with this explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Disconnect the battery and connect the battery cables to each other. Leave for a minimum of 30 minutes. Reconnect the battery and see how the beast responds.

I will try thanks.

Try dropping the cable ends in a cup of water and baking soda. The connection between the connector and the cable loves to pick up venting from old batteries. You cant see it but it could be full of corrosion. happend to me.

New batteries don't come fully charged. My son just replace his with the high end EverStart from Walmart. It charged all night with our smart Noco G1100 charger before it was topped up. He also had his light on prior to that on the old failing battery and the old battery the light would only go off after it was fully charged as well but there was some fault with that batter internally. I expect a bad or drying weak cell. He did not want to try and resurrect it so we just replaced the battery.

Next time you are in Walmart, take a look at the production date stickers on the batteries, particularly the odd ball sizes. My local Walmart routinely has batteries that are two or three years old on the shelves. That could be part of the reason you were not fully charged

I notice it was less than 2 months!!
4/18 on it

3 year replacement warranty. I tried Carquest and they tried to sell us a battery a 100CCA less for 30 dollars more. LOL

Cheers

Glad to hear yours was fairly fresh. I was at local Walmart last nite. Here are a few pictures of their stock

34658408-BDE9-421D-A8E6-C8D68B8E7D86.jpeg

5964C6EE-BBBF-45E8-8D7C-8A8D165FA3C9.jpeg

Back