• Register Today It's free!

BD's 2000 Explorer Limited

2000 Explorer Limited

-Picked her up (10/13/2010)
-140,093 miles when I test drove it
-5.0 V8, AWD
-Pearl White
-Dark grey leather interior

My dream explorer basically, no more old ones, no more sports, I finally have an Explorer that I love everything about!

I absolutely love the limited, its got:
-Seats w/ headrests
-Memory power seats
-Heated/Puddle mirrors
-Better mirror without all the buttons, just the slider
-Painted to match bumpers and grille
-Woodgrain radio bezel
-Digital HVAC controls
-And its got the homelink visor with a nifty little voice recorder that I will probably never use LOL

And alot more, but im just in awe over its nice features compared to my previous rides. They even recently (In the past few months) had a brand new hitch installed and the trailer harness all wired up.

I dont have any set plans for this one yet, I do have hopes and dreams though, and im stoked about the V8 that has so many options.

Dream list:
-Torque Monster headers
-Custom Tune
-LED tails (Something custom maybe, I just need to study up on resistors and whatnot)
-BMW projectors in a blacked out housing

It does have a few problems that id like some help with, (Fixed all, besides this one)
1. The blower only works when its on all the way high, (Same thing in my grandam, but it was the blower motor resistor then everything worked great) is that a common problem on the digital HVACs?

"For sure" plans include:
-New rims, id like to get a nice 5-spoke set of 20's with a beefy tire
-Paint job in the spring, black
-Some interior accents (Id like todo another metallic blue color like I did in my grandam)

He was asking 3400$ in the ad, but I talked him and his wife down to 2900$ because I was pointing all the little problems out that I mentioned above.

I didnt get a chance to really take any pictures, as it was raining, and almost dark by the time I got home.

10-13-201011-32-20PM.png

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

I was bored on the way home so I took some random "driving" pictures :D

IMG_1252.jpg

My friend was driving my Grand Am in front of me, I have a Avic-F700BT in there that will also be going into the Explorer, he was using the GPS to get us back home

I was extremely happy also, I was averaging 16.2 MPG driving with a decently heavy foot getting the feel for the V8 I was controlling :D

IMG_1251.jpg

Edit- 1/21/11
New parts!

Hubs
Tie rod ends
Lower ball joints
Upper ball joints (Control arms)
Tires: Firestone Destination A/T's 255/70/R16's
Brake Pads

Soon:
Slotted (And drilled maybe) Rotors
Better pads
New shocks
Leafs
Shackles
Amsoil (In everything!)
Rebuilding tranny (And possibly a valve body kit)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heres the small pics from the ad:
3ka3m33le5Y05Z65W2aa14c4e00e9f5111b82.jpg

3m83p13l05T65Z55W5aa1116b9610784e171a.jpg

I still stand by my opinion that all the white and pearl/off white Limited's were the best looking Explorers EVER!!!, and still are even on the new body styles.

Nice find man! :thumbsup:

Nice Pearl Limited!!...Side air bags? Is the paint in good condition?

I still stand by my opinion that all the white and pearl/off white Limited's were the best looking Explorers EVER!!!, and still are even on the new body styles.

Nice find man! :thumbsup:

Thanks man, its not my favorite, but I deff. like it.

Nice Pearl Limited!!...Side air bags? Is the paint in good condition?

The paints in great condition besides a couple minor rust spots on the end of the hood, and the back bumper, but I figure ill just either look for a hood at thy JY, and bumper, or at least do the bpodywork on the bumper after winter.

I'd like to see this digital HAVC.

Thats what the "automatic" ac/heat controls are called right?

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

(After a few WOT's)
IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

Extremely dirty engine bay, any tips on safely cleaning it?
IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

:)
IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

Everything does need a good scrubbin for sure, and thats def. gonna be my project tomorrow after school :D

Dunno, but after see the pics you posted below, I've decided I want to hunt I fo down on your set up.

I dont know what you mean, the last part of that didnt make sense man lol.

I hear ya man lol mines the same way with that auto-correct BS.

I have always had the manual setup (The knobs like you have) and have always wanted the digital setup, and I have to say, I LOVE it! Its a pretty common swap I read a while ago when I was wanting to convert my sport's manual setup to the digital. Quite a few detailed write-ups if I do recall.

Anyone remember my past love?

SANY0287-2.jpg

Well look what happened to her today :(
Photo-0009.jpg

I guess they were approaching a traffic light, close to the white line, then as the light turned yellow and the woman in front of the Explorer slammed on the brakes to stop for the yellow light (which she was almost under), needless to say they couldnt stop fast enough in the Explorer.

He did just say the frame is actually bent, I guess its worse than what it looks like, but hes determined to get it repaired and back on the road, I know he loves that truck just as much as I did.

I know about that determination. If you look at my Ex you can see the extent that it was damaged. Got it on the road and running pretty good again. New tie rods and steering rack. Need to get new ball joints next.

Yea it was a huge bummer though, todays his birthday and that happened. He just did so much work to it, and replaced a ton of stuff, I cant even remember most of it, I know the U-Joints, ball joints, wheel bearings, I think he said he put new tires on it, and yea had the thing in tip-top shape for this to happen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back