BD's 2000 Explorer Limited | Page 48 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BD's 2000 Explorer Limited

2000 Explorer Limited

-Picked her up (10/13/2010)
-140,093 miles when I test drove it
-5.0 V8, AWD
-Pearl White
-Dark grey leather interior

My dream explorer basically, no more old ones, no more sports, I finally have an Explorer that I love everything about!

I absolutely love the limited, its got:
-Seats w/ headrests
-Memory power seats
-Heated/Puddle mirrors
-Better mirror without all the buttons, just the slider
-Painted to match bumpers and grille
-Woodgrain radio bezel
-Digital HVAC controls
-And its got the homelink visor with a nifty little voice recorder that I will probably never use LOL

And alot more, but im just in awe over its nice features compared to my previous rides. They even recently (In the past few months) had a brand new hitch installed and the trailer harness all wired up.

I dont have any set plans for this one yet, I do have hopes and dreams though, and im stoked about the V8 that has so many options.

Dream list:
-Torque Monster headers
-Custom Tune
-LED tails (Something custom maybe, I just need to study up on resistors and whatnot)
-BMW projectors in a blacked out housing

It does have a few problems that id like some help with, (Fixed all, besides this one)
1. The blower only works when its on all the way high, (Same thing in my grandam, but it was the blower motor resistor then everything worked great) is that a common problem on the digital HVACs?

"For sure" plans include:
-New rims, id like to get a nice 5-spoke set of 20's with a beefy tire
-Paint job in the spring, black
-Some interior accents (Id like todo another metallic blue color like I did in my grandam)

He was asking 3400$ in the ad, but I talked him and his wife down to 2900$ because I was pointing all the little problems out that I mentioned above.

I didnt get a chance to really take any pictures, as it was raining, and almost dark by the time I got home.

10-13-201011-32-20PM.png

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

I was bored on the way home so I took some random "driving" pictures :D

IMG_1252.jpg

My friend was driving my Grand Am in front of me, I have a Avic-F700BT in there that will also be going into the Explorer, he was using the GPS to get us back home

I was extremely happy also, I was averaging 16.2 MPG driving with a decently heavy foot getting the feel for the V8 I was controlling :D

IMG_1251.jpg

Edit- 1/21/11
New parts!

Hubs
Tie rod ends
Lower ball joints
Upper ball joints (Control arms)
Tires: Firestone Destination A/T's 255/70/R16's
Brake Pads

Soon:
Slotted (And drilled maybe) Rotors
Better pads
New shocks
Leafs
Shackles
Amsoil (In everything!)
Rebuilding tranny (And possibly a valve body kit)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Score! Car Stereo One was giving away 50$ cards to graduates (And still is until June 30th), just go in with your diploma.

NO CATCHES THIS TIME! :) Anyways, me and my girlfriend went in and both got the cards (She got it for me of course:p:) and I got a pair of JL door speakers, I was gonna go for the Orions again, but he played his iPod on the JLs, Orions, and Hertz 6x8's they had and the JL's blew the Orions and Hertz away. The Hertz were like 199$ a pair, Orions were 70$ (The ones I bought last time I was there, and love 'em) and the JLs were like 99$ a pair.

Naturally I couldnt use both gift cards in one transaction, so im gonna end up going back there in a couple weeks or so and getting a matching pair of JLs for the backdoors.

Until then, the Sonys are coming out, Orions going in back, and JLs up front, so if anyones interested in a set of Sony 3 ways, and Orion 2 ways, PM me. I still have the box for the Orions, they've only been cranked up a handful of times and it was mainly rock, and theres almost no bass going to them.

2011-06-19002753.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

2011-06-19004457.jpg

So I just finished looking through every single page on your registry and I'm just gonna say I love your ex it's amazing really. great job I'm actually excited for more updates :thumbsup:.

Thanks man! Shes come a long way so far, im still hoping for rims and paint this summer :D

Quit hoping and do it! :p
I texted you this morning btw, now I need to go start a topic about my driveshaft.. :-\

Ha I just got it, I never saved your number so im like who the hell is this? :D

Paint alone is gonna break my bank! I can take it to maaco and get a paint job for about 500$ ish, but thats doing ALL the bodywork myself. I dont wanna do that!

Its taking me this long todo just a bumper:mad:

I'da had that crap done already, you suck at vehicles. lol.
And if you've ever wondered how loud your system is, I know of a guy that has a meter and he goes up to OCB usually every weekend.

By the time I get my amps and subs installed I'll be going up north with my best friend, girlfriend, and another friend, so I won't be all done up for a few weeks still and it sucks...

No good man no good:thumbdwn:
Jk, have fun up there :D

Maybe by the time you get back, ill be worthy of gracing everyone with my presence at OCB;)

Soooo, after new plugs/wires/cai, and cleaning the IAC, she was starting faster, but now shes starting slower than ever. Im thinking maybe its the coolant temp sensor? Ive been searching and reading all day on slow starts, and all of the threads mentioned this sensor. I know my thermostats not bad, (Just replaced it, engine always gets up to temp), but of all the threads, none of them gave any clue whatsoever to where this sensor was at...

Can anyone point me in the direction?

Ive read cleaning the IAC either works, or it can make it worse. So it could be that again...

I'm assuming you're not pulling any codes, but maybe try just disconnecting your battery for a little while anyways and see where that takes you?

FINALLY! I have matching taillights again :D

I got my new reverse bulbs the other day too.

Left: New
Right: Old
IMG_20110621_123551.jpg

They light up the housing so much better, and the old ones were bright enough at night so I cant wait to see these tonight
IMG_20110621_123845.jpg

The pic warped the housing, its not really bent like that
IMG_20110621_123854.jpg

I have pics of the sensors I replaced on Shamrock. One is for the gauge, one for the computer.

I'll post them if you promise to make your truck run right before replacing any more bulbs. :D

In my defense, I odered those bulbs over a month ago, and its running like a champ, better than ever honestly, its just taking a little longer to start sometimes. I haven't really noticed a pattern besides only when it sits for at least a couple hours. It did do it once after sitting for only about 15 minutes.

*And on occasion once its already warm, it'l take abnormally long to startup too*

I don't have a rough idle or anything, once it fires up she's good.

FINALLY! I have matching taillights again :D

I got my new reverse bulbs the other day too.

Left: New
Right: Old
IMG_20110621_123551.jpg

So these just drop right into the OEM sockets? How much did they run you, and where did you pick 'em up? Always interested in making the tail lights a bit brighter.

I got them from eBay, but I doubt they'd be brighter in the stock reverse lights, since the lenses arent clear...

These ones were like 7$ I think?

I wouldnt put LEDs in stock housings, because the LEDs are red instead of white for the tailights, and it wouldnt be as bright with the housings being red. And if you got white LEDs for the brake lights, the white would probably almost make the taillights seem pink. (If that makes sense?)

I know the feeling :p:

Without adding extra housings, there really isnt much todo to improve the stock reverse light capabilities. The only thing I can think of, is to fit a small halogen headlight bulb (Like an H3/H11 etc) in there, but make sure its all sealed.

Well tomorrow, im driving up to Kalamazoo to get a new used hood. NO MORE RUST :D

Thanks to Joe for pointing it out to me!

Back