BD's 2000 Explorer Limited | Page 51 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BD's 2000 Explorer Limited

2000 Explorer Limited

-Picked her up (10/13/2010)
-140,093 miles when I test drove it
-5.0 V8, AWD
-Pearl White
-Dark grey leather interior

My dream explorer basically, no more old ones, no more sports, I finally have an Explorer that I love everything about!

I absolutely love the limited, its got:
-Seats w/ headrests
-Memory power seats
-Heated/Puddle mirrors
-Better mirror without all the buttons, just the slider
-Painted to match bumpers and grille
-Woodgrain radio bezel
-Digital HVAC controls
-And its got the homelink visor with a nifty little voice recorder that I will probably never use LOL

And alot more, but im just in awe over its nice features compared to my previous rides. They even recently (In the past few months) had a brand new hitch installed and the trailer harness all wired up.

I dont have any set plans for this one yet, I do have hopes and dreams though, and im stoked about the V8 that has so many options.

Dream list:
-Torque Monster headers
-Custom Tune
-LED tails (Something custom maybe, I just need to study up on resistors and whatnot)
-BMW projectors in a blacked out housing

It does have a few problems that id like some help with, (Fixed all, besides this one)
1. The blower only works when its on all the way high, (Same thing in my grandam, but it was the blower motor resistor then everything worked great) is that a common problem on the digital HVACs?

"For sure" plans include:
-New rims, id like to get a nice 5-spoke set of 20's with a beefy tire
-Paint job in the spring, black
-Some interior accents (Id like todo another metallic blue color like I did in my grandam)

He was asking 3400$ in the ad, but I talked him and his wife down to 2900$ because I was pointing all the little problems out that I mentioned above.

I didnt get a chance to really take any pictures, as it was raining, and almost dark by the time I got home.

10-13-201011-32-20PM.png

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

I was bored on the way home so I took some random "driving" pictures :D

IMG_1252.jpg

My friend was driving my Grand Am in front of me, I have a Avic-F700BT in there that will also be going into the Explorer, he was using the GPS to get us back home

I was extremely happy also, I was averaging 16.2 MPG driving with a decently heavy foot getting the feel for the V8 I was controlling :D

IMG_1251.jpg

Edit- 1/21/11
New parts!

Hubs
Tie rod ends
Lower ball joints
Upper ball joints (Control arms)
Tires: Firestone Destination A/T's 255/70/R16's
Brake Pads

Soon:
Slotted (And drilled maybe) Rotors
Better pads
New shocks
Leafs
Shackles
Amsoil (In everything!)
Rebuilding tranny (And possibly a valve body kit)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude I thought you were from Novi!

:(

He drives a Grand Marquise on 22's, badass sounding duals, 3 JL subs in the trunk, taillights all tinted out?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I have to goto Ace and get hardware to mount the "center caps" :D

IMAG0072.jpg

Looks *****in' :thumbsup:

Now about that rear bumper.... :p:

Looks pretty sick. You keeping the stock wheels/tires for winter?

And I agree about the bumper!^

Thanks guys!

Yea, stockers already cleaned up and in my backroom, ready to kick some snows ass:thumbsup:

The bumper is in progress now. Ive been working on it for a little here and there, but friday (Payday, im squeezed dry right now) im stocking up on sandpaper, and me and the palm sander are gonna get to know each other real well :)

OK, now im debating. Red calipers, or white to match the body?

I live in Novi, but I'm in Redford everyday because that's where I grew up and all my friends and girlfriend is.

And white. Red will look silly IMO.

and you need to level that rear end... Monroe air shocks, AAL, respring them, shackles, DO SOMETHING! lol.

Thats what I was thinking. I love red calipers on a dark/black vehicle, but I have a pearl white vehicle with NO red whatsoever ;)

and you need to level that rear end... Monroe air shocks, AAL, respring them, shackles, DO SOMETHING! lol.

Lol I know! Thats the next "big" thing my money is going for. I heard not to even bother doing the shocks if I need leafs, as it wont help the sag.

Do my leafs for me :D

I told you I'd help you, they're not too bad, we can knock them out in a day.

My shop is loaded with all the air tools we'll need and some torches and a welder and whatnot. :p

Springs aren't too hard. I did mine Monday. I did them with hand tools because came across no rust issues, I was lucky I guess. If you do them, let me know, I have some new ford hardware/bushings I'd let go pretty cheap. I bought them to be safe, but I ended up not needing them.

Or...I don't know how the clearance is with your tires(old and new) but you could drop the front with a TT to match rather than raise the back...

Where do I get new leafs lol...I've called 6-7 shops and they talk to me like I'm stupid.

Where do I get new leafs lol...I've called 6-7 shops and they talk to me like I'm stupid.

Can't help there, I got used ones and put an AAL in. Did you call an actual spring shop?

Eh, pretty much those "do it all" type shops :dunno:

Im gonna call around some more tomorrow.

Eh, pretty much those "do it all" type shops :dunno:

Im gonna call around some more tomorrow.

Yeah, for some reason some of them don't like leaf springs. My shop told me he didn't mess with leaf springs, he said to call a spring shop.

IMAG0075.jpg

10/14/2010
IMG_1271-1.jpg

06/29/2011
IMAG0071.jpg

I think im gonna give the ugly roof tracks a go today and try to get them off.

So clean.

I really wish I would have gotten that '00 Limited in Pearl White I was going to get back in 08 instead of the silver mounty... I'd probably still have the truck and saved tons of cash.

Thanks man, I definitely have never been a fan of white vehicles, in fact, I hated them. I had plans to paint this one black (Professionally of course :p:), but after a serious cleaning, new hood, the new wheels, and all the little touches, I love this color.

Im down to tackling my bumper, and the rear passenger door so next time I find a pearl limited in a JY, im grabbing the damn door!

IMAG0082.jpg

:D

Back