• Register Today It's free!

"Beeping!" for no reason?

Johnny Glenn

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
02-04 Explorers
Thanks for looking in -- I've got an 03 X that is sounding off what seems is a door ajar alarm (beeping) but doors closed and no door ajar light is on. Noise is coming from what seems like the instrument cluster -- I'd like to disable this alarm -- where is it at?! Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the door ajar lamp flash on when beeping? If the lamp is working and turns on while it beeps, you may just have a bad doro sensor or the tailgate is not fully closed?

It's definitely the door ajar alarm but no "door ajar" light on when making noise. I'll check tomorrow to see if the door ajar light works at all and try to spray doors etc but where is the noise coming from? Thx.

airbag light is out replace bulb

It is the airbag light -- but someone has taken it out. I looks as if another one has to be sautered in? Does anyone know where the "alarm noise" is coming from. The code is B2292 but instead of chasing this, I'm thinking of just disabling alarm -- if I can find it? Thanks

Back