1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Bent Frame Rail

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by jschatz, March 18, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jschatz

jschatz New Member

City, State:
      Stillwater
      Year and Model:
      98 Sport
      When I bought my X a month ago I knew the rear bumper was crooked but I assumed the mounting bracket was just bent and didnt worry about it. Well I was under it putting new shocks on and noticed that the bumper bracket is fine but the passenger side frame rail and shackle are both bent. I have to questions about this.

1. Is it really safe to be driving with a shackle/frame bent like this? and
      2. What is the easiest way to straighten the frame so that i may replace the shackle?

I can take additional pics if i need to and I must apologize because they are phone pics.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. john93rangerstx

john93rangerstx Active Member

City, State:
      warwick ri
      Year and Model:
      93 rangers stx
      A FRAMESHOP or i would try to heat it up and use another truck to pull it out