Bentley style grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bentley style grille

jupiterak

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer EB V8 4x4
Just saw these on ebay. There's a chrome and black version. What do you guys think? Anyone with photochop skills that we could see what it looks like?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That actually doesn't seem too bad for an aftermarket grill...but I'd have to see it on an Explorer to give a better opinion.

I've been wanted a whole billet grille without hacking or cutting the crossbars like the Carriageworks grilles. Most of them are overlays. And then put some lights behind them like the F150's.

I like that, and I've been wanting a black grille. Thanks for posting the link. Not very good feedback though:(

someone bite the bullet and buy it!

I'd like to see it mounted and hear if it actually is "direct fit with no modification needed." Im not going to be the first haha

hmm that does look pretty cool

I'd buy it if it had a place for the Ford emblem.

Here's a quick photoshop of the black one, not the best quality photoshop, but I'm a bit busy.
basic_grill.jpg

I'd buy it if it had a place for the Ford emblem.

Here's a quick photoshop of the black one, not the best quality photoshop, but I'm a bit busy.
basic_grill.jpg

It does look good. Like you said, though, it would be nice to have the Ford emblem on there. I don't know why aftermarket grilles delete the emblem, the emblem looks good on there.

Hey FLoffroad, can you do the same with the chrome one if you have the time? Thanks

Mixed feelings about it. Kind of gives it the GMC Yukon look:

gmc-yukondenali.jpg

Maybe if it was only the top portion of the grille, leaving the bottom empty.

it says 07 -09...but it would fit on a 06 right?

man it sux mines a XLS it wont even fit with mean without buying a whole new xlt bumper....anyone know how much one would cost with paint

man it sux mines a XLS it wont even fit with mean without buying a whole new xlt bumper....anyone know how much one would cost with paint

What do you mean it won't fit?

I mean my whole bumper is the same piece as the grille. You would have to cut it. Notice how the center piece between the upper and lower grille is painted the same color as the body. It looks like theres a crack but its the same piece.

Pretty sure it just goes right over the bumper.. The current grill will come right out without needing to touch the bumper..

Pretty sure it just goes right over the bumper.. The current grill will come right out without needing to touch the bumper..

The XLS had a different front end.

I mean my whole bumper is the same piece as the grille. You would have to cut it. Notice how the center piece between the upper and lower grille is painted the same color as the body. It looks like theres a crack but its the same piece.

That's too bad. Though, I do like the XLS's bumper more than the chrome bumper on mine, if that makes you feel any better. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's too bad. Though, I do like the XLS's bumper more than the chrome bumper on mine, if that makes you feel any better. :D

haha well thank you. Yeah if I were to get any other model explorer I would paint the center piece to match the rest of the car. I don't like the chrome.

Back