BEST sounding muffler, 4.0 OHV? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BEST sounding muffler, 4.0 OHV?

what about a sohc? and my stock muffler is dual in single out. any good mufflers that will work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what about a sohc? and my stock muffler is dual in single out. any good mufflers that will work?

well I know for fact one of my friends has a Super 40 (Part Number: 9525454) on his I beleive 2000 DOHC. But he has custom duals out behind the rear wheels.

I got single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport i dunno which 40 series it is but it sounds loud and deep i really love the sound.

and my engine is with the 4.0 sohc

That super turbo sounds good.. I'm gonna replace my muffler asap too and I may go with that..

35Remmy
You can get just the American Thunder muffler, that you liked the sound of so much, off of e-bay for $80 shipped to your door. 2 1/4" in & out is the smallest they have (I'm pretty sure stock is 2"). So you'd have to have the exhaust shop put it in, and bend a new tail pipe, unless of course you weld.

Back