• Register Today It's free!

~ Best XCAL Tuner

UIN2IT

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Adrenalin Sport-trac
I have heard good and bad on all of the 4 tuners below....
Anyone have thier tunes?
What do you think....MPG...Power...Throttle response?

Bamachips (Doug)
VMPTuning (Justin)
FastPartsNetwork (Torrie)
Blow By Racing (Chris)

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

James has better customer service at trying to help fix my problem then I do. Really James, I'll get that datalogging done yet.
Henson Performance should be your first choice.

Truthfully....I had NEVER heard of him before!

I will have to do some research.

I have heard good and bad on all of the 4 tuners below....
Anyone have thier tunes?
What do you think....MPG...Power...Throttle response?

Bamachips (Doug)
VMPTuning (Justin)
FastPartsNetwork (Torrie)
Blow By Racing (Chris)

thanks

I have used Doug in the past. Torrie would also be a good choice.

Doug's tunes for my 06 Mustang GT were great.... I just wished I could find the Calibration code etx for my Sport Trac...

Hypertech vs SCT Livewire

I've read online that the Hypertech programmer gives my ST 4.6L "29Hp and 32Ft.lbs torque" gain while the SCT pre-programmed gives me 11rwhp and 8ft.lbs of torque. Now would anyone know how much the custom tune will give me roughly? Better than Hypertechs?

My 07 ST 4.6L V8 Limited 4x4:
-Thrush Turbo Welded Exhaust Resonator Deleted
-K&N Super 77 CAI Polished
-Zabtech Performance Throttlebody
-Highest Octane available here is 91 octane

Thanks! Any info would be appreciated - I'm looking for the best programmer that would give me the most gain!!!

Hypertech is a generic tune. There's no way you'll get those #'s. You'll see alot of aftermarket manufacturers inflate or BS their numbers. It's pretty sad when you see these companies claiming 25hp on a chip or exhuast. 10-15hp is more realistic.

SCT XCal3 I got from HP came with 3 tunes for 87/89/91 octane.

jupiterak:
How much HP and TQ did you gegt with ur custom tune?

jupiterak:
How much HP and TQ did you gegt with ur custom tune?

Actually, I really don't know. Hopefully, someone out there has some real world dyno numbers. It's a night/day difference with the xcal3 over stock. Being realistic with the Gibson, KKM, and xcal, I prolly got an 15-20hp to the wheels.

Actually, I really don't know. Hopefully, someone out there has some real world dyno numbers. It's a night/day difference with the xcal3 over stock. Being realistic with the Gibson, KKM, and xcal, I prolly got an 15-20hp to the wheels.

So, if there really is a "day and night difference" Tuned vs. Stock, we need a real world sense of that. IMHO, the only way to measure this is to line 'em up... let 'em go... side-by-side... Tuned vs. Stock. Then we'll know how many truck lengths in the difference (1) 0 to 60, (2) 1/4 mile, and (3) highway passing at 55 to 75 mph, etc. Surely you can find somebody with a Stock ST/STA to assist in your research to demonstrate the value of the TUNE.

... my 10 cents worth.

For a tuning devise, SCT products are generally considered to be the best.

Here is Blow By Racing Project Adrenalin before/after thier tune.....

yhst-14752229404082_2055_21614468

I have x-cal2 from Doug for my ST and it works great no mpg gain but it is night and day with the 93 tune. I also have a x-cal2 from Justin for my mach
it put down 276 hp and 299 tq with a canned tune from DiabloSport Predator
with Justin's tune my car put down 299 hp and 316 tq I am very happy with
each tuner. I have not had my st back to the track to see what gains he made but I will before tune my st went 15.8 I am thinking it will go 15.60's.

I have been waiting for them to be able to change the shifting in the trans do you know if they have been able to. My f-150 I was able to make the shifting harder or softer.

I have been waiting for them to be able to change the shifting in the trans do you know if they have been able to. My f-150 I was able to make the shifting harder or softer.

It's in the works now that the 09+ Mustnags and F150's have the 6spd Auto trans. There was not suchj a need for it when it was jsut teh Sport-Trac Explorers that had teh trans.

I talked to SCT at teh NMRA show a while back and they said they were gonna really start to focus on that!

It's in the works now that the 09+ Mustnags and F150's have the 6spd Auto trans. There was not suchj a need for it when it was jsut the Sport-Trac Explorers that had the trans.

I talked to SCT at the NMRA show a while back and they said they were gonna really start to focus on that!

I heard the same thing I hope they do it soon.

Awesome! i need it to shift harder! lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had mine tuned with sniper not sct but it had 4 different trans settings. Soft firm hard and race. I had it on firm and it kicked when it shifted I could not imagine race.

Back