biggest tires on stock 93 explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

biggest tires on stock 93 explorer

thinkin about getting some new rims and tires once i get the great old tax return. i am looking at getting the american racing outlaw II wheels (15x8) and was wondering what is the biggest tire i could shove onto that with the stock suspension of a 1993 limited explorer. i was told by one person that i should't go more then a 30x9.5x15 tire. any serious help would be appreciated. if it helps too i want something with good on/off road traction. noise is not an issue so i don't care if they are the type of tires that "hum"; in fact i would like something that makes a little noie.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never ran a wheel wider than 8" wide wheel.
A 10" wide wheel would probably make your tires stick out past the fenders requiring fender flares in certain states. Backspacing will come into play too.

Here is a good read
3.75" Backspacing vs. 4.0" bs???

Awesome thanks for the help I'll probably look into some 8" wide rims then. Was just hoping to get a wider stance but I'm afraid of the rubbing

Back