for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Blend door?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by xMike87x, May 8, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. xMike87x

xMike87x Member

City, State:
      St. Peters, MO
      Year and Model:
      '96 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
      Does this sound like a blend door issue?

This is on a 96 eddie bauer. My a/c will blow cold as long as I have it all the way down on 60. As soon as i bump it up one click to 65 it goes hot. I can feel no temp difference in heat from 65 all the way up to 90. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
      Mike

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Jaywalker

Jaywalker New Member

City, State:
      Texas
      Year and Model:
      '98 XLT V6 SOHC
      In my non-automatic climate control, the standard temperature control has no affect - it just stays hot. When I use "Max A/C," however, it does, since that uses different ducting. Do you have a "Max A/C?" If not, maybe your max a/c is when you push the temp all the way down. In that case, yes, it sounds like it to me, but, again, I don't have climate control.

4. xMike87x

xMike87x Member

City, State:
      St. Peters, MO
      Year and Model:
      '96 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
      Yes I do have a max a/c button and it will blow cold when I push it. I was unaware there was a seperate duct for max a/c. I would now assume that taking it down to 60 while the climate control is set on auto would open up that duct. I just didnt want to tear into things if i wasnt sure that was my problem. I would just like to have this working right if possible without dumping too much money into it otherwise i will just deal with it.

Thanks,
      Mike