Blueka's Elite Registry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's Elite Registry

Blueka's "Betty" Registry

I thought it was about time I put one up..

I've got a '97 4.0 SOHC UK spec Explorer..

I bought it in Dec 2005 and the next day all the timing slipped and wrecked one side of the engine!

It was off the road for 6 months while I saved up and found someone who knew how to fix it.

This is how it looked when I got it back:-

30062006001.jpg

After driving it for a while I decided that I didn't like all the chrome on it so got some '99 spec bumpers for it.

I also changed to a slightly newer grille with a darker centre, thought it looked better than the old one.

04022007.jpg

I then decided I was bored of the rear end and did the '99 rear end swap.. although I managed to bend the rear hatch and it don't sit straight..

01042007.jpg

I'd also managed to source some leather seats with seperate headrests so that I could install some screens in them for the passengers in the back seats.

16042007.jpg

I then found an all black front grille and some tear drop alloys to replace the chrome 3 spokes..

01032007003.jpg

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks... I hope one day to drive it to some of the off road events in the States...

Si

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Are you in Canada now or still the UK?

I leave the UK in 4 weeks... Then I'll be job hunting.. hopefully get something good before November, then I'll ship my Explorer over...

Si

Good luck man..jobs aren't too plentiful..What type of work are you looking for?

anything... got my class 1 but can't drive an 18spd.. yet... I'd even work at McDonald's if I had to...

Si

Looks good, nice shot. Do you have clear bulbs in the outside socket of the marker lights and the amber across the top?

edit: or is that some kind of UK spec lighting?

That's the UK spec lighting, our indicators are the top 2 bulbs and the sidelights are the bottom one, the top 2 being orange and the bottom one being clear. We don't have DRL's.

Si

That's the UK spec lighting, our indicators are the top 2 bulbs and the sidelights are the bottom one, the top 2 being orange and the bottom one being clear. We don't have DRL's.

Si

Thanks Si. I don't have DRL either. I just bought clear corner lights. I was going to put all clear bulbs that blink amber. But I kinda like the look of the 2 top being amber and the lower one being a clear one that will blink amber. In PA all marker lights have to blink amber.

Just a little update.. my bro sent me a pic on whatsapp not so long ago with caption "Remember Me?"

I'm hoping things pan out soon so I can get it shipped over here... 4yrs without her is a long time

Si

Attachments

• betty.jpg
    betty.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 394

She's pretty, and kinda the look I'm going for with my mounty
Just gotta get caught up on Vader so I can get back to her

Attachments

• IMG_20130721_172358_641.jpg
    IMG_20130721_172358_641.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 391

I love the factory flares on it and everything else... I just miss it...it's probably gonna cost more than it's worth to get it shipped... but... I don't care!!

Si

I dont blame you ,im just trying to figure out what American model had that style flare with that style rocker cover, they are like the flares on my sport,

Eddie Bauer without the steps...also has air ride, had the 3spoke chrome rims on when I got it, sunroof, etc

Si

Time to resurrect this thread... I've been away for 5 1/2 yrs... I left her with family and asked them to look after her.. suffice to say, they didn't... parked up, never started and then finally filled with junk..

Spent the last 2 weeks trying to sort it out...

I had to replace the rear solid brake line as it burst when I finally got it started n drove it.
Runs like a top mind you.

Rear brake calipers are NFG so I've gotta go n get other ones and according to the last MOT failure sheet in 11, needs CV shaft n a upper control arm (2 piece) and tyres...

Not that it's a big deal, just wish I knew before I came home.. then a damn good clean n a polish will be in order

Si

lmao.. yes.. but, this is the UK truck n I don't wanna upset her anymore than she already is

Si

Sit Rep

Due to being sat there for so long she needs

Front right ball join cover
Front left CV gaiter
Front left and right steel brake lines
brakes all round
Tires/tyres
Wiper blades
Some bulbs

Si

Back