Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Sorry about the rim and tire, but congats on the mag. Truck looks sweet Si.

Thanks... well, good news... managed to find a tire shop that aren't rapists... so the tire has been salvaged.... my spare rim, that I bought from a wrecker last year turned out to be buckled, so I had to get rid of that.. and use one of the 4 that I got for $50 last week...

I also have water in one headlight, so the halos have packed in....

And my heater is now not working... I've checked and all my anti-freeze is full.. but there's no heat inside the cab and the needle didn't move up much after a 30 min drive... so I've got a few issues to sort out... hope the thermostat isn't busted... hasn't even been in a year...

Si

Also forgot to add that no matter what way I put the control for direction of heat, it stays on defrost only... so I'm thinking I've got a vacuum leak somewhere... ?

Everything appears to be dry in the cab...

Si

Dunno what the issue was, cos I went out in it tonight, and it seemed to have fixed itself...

Si

Dunno what the issue was, cos I went out in it tonight, and it seemed to have fixed itself...

Si

you probably swore at it without your accent so it understood you :D

I was offroading again. all the bumping about probably knocked something back into place... I need to steam clean under the hood, you can't even tell the engine has been powdercoated...

Si

So.... I took Pickle on her longest road trip since I built her...1004kms... or thereabouts...
Cost $140 in gas, 123 litres.

CEL came on, and the heater core popped and I backed into Sarah's truck causing some damage... but other than that, roughly 22mpg highway, I'll take it as a successful trip....

Si

1004kms... or thereabouts...
Cost $140 in gas, 123 litres.

roughly 22mpg highway, I'll take it as a successful trip....

Si

you give me hope. i dont think i have got above 18 yet however :(

Sarah's getting 30mpg plus on hers... if she wasn't driving like a total tard she'd have got 35mpg...

I also have issues with going into overdrive... when I go faster than 120kph it'll shift into OD... but, at 100kph, if I push the OD button in, it'll make the revs go up...

558603_10150796285231573_646656572_9933672_2112925456_n.jpg

This is Sarah's truck after 210kms... still on full!

Si

Here's the pictures of Sarah's doors and the damage on Pickle... :(

2012-05-19195618.jpg

2012-05-19195654.jpg

I am going to see if I can get the crease rolled out of the door, I'm lucky that it wasn't worse... I've just got a scuffed light...

Si

so I finally got my CEL checked and it's a P0455 Evaporation System Large Leak Detected...

Where to start....

Si

well, it's been a while... but I've finally found some time to do some stuff to Pickle... I managed to pick up some tinting film for $15 matched to the factory tint...

got the side windows tinted.. my buddy helped me...

Before
DSCN3452.jpg

DSCN3451.jpg

After
DSCN3453.jpg

DSCN3454.jpg

Si

Sarah's getting 30mpg plus on hers... if she wasn't driving like a total tard she'd have got 35mpg...

What has been done to it? Did you do most of the stuff to it that's in Aldive's thread to get that much?

nope, it just runs like that... it's always been good on gas.. I've never done anything to it except regular maintenance... oil changes, plug changes, make sure all the fluids are topped up.. and the tires are always at 35psi...

Si

it's been a while since I've done anything with Pickle... so I thought she deserved a little treat.... so I got her a personalized licence plate

306727_10151165905351579_78866698_n.jpg

Then, I gave her a nice cleaning inside and out... first time since I've cleaned the inside since I built her... :D

Si

Well, My parents came to visit and we had planned to take them to a Northern Saskatchewan lake on a camping trip... They wanted to take Pickle up as last time they were here, she wasn't finished...
So, we loaded her up, and set off, 3 hrs on pavement, then 100 miles of gravel road...

393947_10150984490006573_1501892389_n.jpg

After the gravel road, she developed a rattling noise, I think it's to do with the AC compressor never turning off... there's also something causing the marker lights on my halos to flicker and I think the alternator is on its last legs...

264747_10150984529246573_313889399_n.jpg

305070_10150984559351573_1172544259_n.jpg

There's also a lot of sludge in the header tank... I'm thinking a flush may be in order.

Si

Back