• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aluminum

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
(Cost Doesn't Matter And Only One Not Both)I'm Wanted To Lift My 2004 Explorer And I Have Been Trying To Decide Between 1.5" Body Lift or 2.00"(F) 1.75(R) Spacer Lift. I Plan To Run 265s And Wheel Spacers.

(Cost Doesn't Matter)I'm Wanted To Lift My 2004 Explorer And I Have Been Trying To Decide Between 1.5" Body Lift or 2.00"(F) 1.75(R) Spacer Lift. I Plan To Run 265s And Wheel Spacers.

I would do both. For the btf spacers recommend no more than 1.25" front/1" rear. That will net you approx 1.75" lift and avoid most of the problems (loss of travel, suspension/drivetrain part contact and binding).

With the 1.5" body lift on top of that, your truck will be bit more than 3" taller over stock, with added ground clearance from the btf spacers and tires and a better approach/departure angle from the body lift, as well as a bit more clearance for the tires and wheel spacers.

If your just going to dou one I would say the spacers. But saying that Ronin has some very good points about the size of the spacers.

And wedsite I could buy spacers at. And best brand to look for.

Back