Bradshaw Trail this weekend November 11-13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bradshaw Trail this weekend November 11-13

Bulldozer

Reaction score
City, State
Calimesa, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer 4x4
Looking to go run the Bradshaw trail and some of its connecting routes this weekend on a 2 or 3 day camping trip.

The trail runs from Indio CA to Blythe CA and there are lots of little side trails to explore. Epic landscapes including open desert, deep canyons, the colorado river, old mines and the Chocolate Mountains ariel gunnery range.

Hopefully leaving mid-day Friday and returning Sunday evening, but that is open depending on who can go.

We are looking at 100+ miles of dirt roads several miles from civilization. There is no cell service for a portion of the trip and you will need to bring enough food and supplies along for 2 days plus some extra just in case. We will likely get to take a dip in the river at some point and there is a truck stop in Blythe with real, hot showers. As far as I know all of the routes are decently graded, any 2wd SUV or truck should be fine, but of course 4wd never hurts and decent sized tires/suspension travel/shocks will make it a more enjoyable trip.

If you are interested in tagging along I think I have a seat left in my explorer, or better yet bring your own rig.

Anybody up for it?

Back