• Register Today It's free!

Brake pedal

XltRoger2003

Reaction score
City, State
Kingsport,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 limited v8
My brake pedal seems to spring back after I let off of it it kind of sounds like a compressor cylinder popping back into place, is there something I should be concerned about????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My brake pedal seems to spring back after I let off of it it kind of sounds like a compressor cylinder popping back into place, is there something I should be concerned about????

Have never experienced this myself but it seems to me that you are having issues with the vacuum assist booster.

I will have to check on that, thanks Donystoy

Also could it be because of a warped rotor

I have never had a warped rotor cause direct feeling to the brake pedal. Only noise or vibrations in the vicinity of the problem rotor.

Well it has the noise and vibration coming from that area I guess I'm going to have to check vacuum and the booster tomorrow thanks again Donystoy for the info

I agree, check the brake booster, check the line from the Throttle body to the check valve at the booster as well. I have only seen a check valve fail one time on an old Monte Carlo, but it would be nice if it were that simple.

I hope its that simple with almost no mechanical knowledge thanks jk7294

Booster and vacuum checked out fine,, does it need lube???

Back