• Register Today It's free!

brake warning light

ozzyfan319

Reaction score
City, State
wallingford, ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 xlt
My e-brake light on my dash keeps coming on untill i reachabout 15mph. i have already checked to see that the pedal is entirely disengaged. i dont think the brakes are actually engaged at the time of the light, but mentally it is bugging me out. any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually, if you are referring to the brake warning light in the dash, it is not likely indicating that your park brake is on (one of its functions) but more than likely indicating a problem with your brake system .... low fluid or otherwise.

idk but its the same light that is on telling me the parking brake is engaged. ive checked a million times and the pedal is all the way up
should i just take the calipers off and see if anything is sticking?

There are only two things that light is connected to. First is the switch on the brake pedal. Second is the level sensor on the master cylinder fluid reservoir. Top off the fluid, check for leaks, and inspect the pads (as the pad wear is usually what causes the level to drop the most).

-Joe

check the brake fluid..mine did that and i noticed that it was below the full line so i just filled it up..pressed the brake a couple times and made sure it still had enough and the light was gone..

Back