Dismiss Notice

and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Broken Braided ground strap

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by cjmedina, January 30, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. cjmedina

cjmedina Active Member

City, State:
      Central New Jersey
      Year and Model:
      3 Explorers 01,99,99
      Anybody know what circuit the Braided ground strap between the chassis body and frame located under the body by the driver seat?

2001 Explorer sport SOHC

CJ

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. my pos mounty

my pos mounty Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Land of Corruption
      Year and Model:
      06 F-350
      Its a grounding strap for the body to the frame. Gives a good electrical connection between them. It doesn't belong to any single circuit, just a solid place for all the circuits to be completed. If the body is electrically isolated from the frame, some of those circuits will malfunction.

4. cjmedina

cjmedina Active Member

City, State:
      Central New Jersey
      Year and Model:
      3 Explorers 01,99,99
      Well Nothing is mall functioning with the strap corroded through....NO CONNECTION so the main grounds must not be isolated and the battery is still grounded to the frame and the frame must be grounded to the chassis somewhere else. I would think there should be a heavy gauge wire for that...... I will replace it.

I have the ground diagrams but I can't find this one...

ftp://cj136.gotdns.com/files/Grounds.JPG

Anybody know what G # it is?

Last edited: January 30, 2010