• Register Today It's free!

Broken indicators.

bootsmckiber

Reaction score
City, State
Campbell River,British Columbia,
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Hi everyone,well this is a pretty neat site,I've had my Explorer for about 4 years and haven't had much problems with it but my indicaters just up and quit on me so I started searching for some answers which led me to this site,I'm pretty impressed with myself as I can see this site being quite usefull,like I said ,my indicaters just up and quit on me and I can't figure out why,my fuses are all good so I'm a bit stumped,anyone have any suggestions?thanks,Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry crankcase,guess I should have read your posting first,I'll get used to this site,give me a minute or two,thanks,Boots

Thanks Brooklyn

Thanks Brooklyn,I appreciate your putting me in the British section but truth be known I'm Canadian,I was born in England so am a little sentimental towards it but we moved to Canada in 1967 so I think that would make me more Canadian than British,cheers,Mike

If they are not workin at all i would imagine you switch.
Have you got access to a meter to look for power at various points in the circuit?
Have you tried the emegency flasher light switch?

busted indicators

Thanks guys,well it's not the flasher ,I changed that and the same thing,nothing happens,good advice though,I'm off to try the hazard lights now,cheers,Mike

Alright,so my hazard lights all work,does this mean I'm looking at a multifunction switch?And where is that?Thanks,also ,behind my fuse box is another black box,similar to my fuse box and at the bottom of it is a flashing red light,does anyone know what that is?Is that part of an Explorers wiring system or is it an add on of something?As you can tell,I'm new to the Explorer world,had mine about two years and have loved it,I'm not overly auto mechanical,but do know a bit,I'm just stumped by this indicator just up and quitting on me like it did,then looking at the fuse box seeing that flashing red light sparked my curiosity,mmmmm maybe my vehicle has been bugged,but I wouldn`t know why.Anyway,any information would be greatly appreciated,Cheers,Mike

P.S.for the British guys,I was born in Whalley and raised in two towns Clitheroe and Accrington,so yes I`m a die hard Manchester United fan.

Back