Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Bronco II Straight Axle Conversion Details and Photos

Discussion in 'Bronco II' started by jeepshop, December 13, 2006.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 410Fortune

410Fortune ELITE BRONCO2ERER Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Crawlorado
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      B2 Mod
      I have explorer trans, ex t case and ex front d shafts... same shafts I used for the 4.0 I have now with the 5.0L, of course I am still using a 93 BW1354 electric

You can get the 1354M for $150 here in CO I see them once in a while in the yards :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. DB_1

DB_1 Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

City, State:
      La Quinta, Ca.
      97 SC Ranger xlt
      I made my own jeep style long arms (on my second version now) and they are working great.
      What driveshaft bind are you talking about, at the pinion or T-case?

Originally I had a fairly steep driveshaft angle and I clearanced the d-shaft and it was never a problem. With my new set-up I lowered the front 1" and extended my arms (lowers) an 1" as well and it's made a world of difference. At full droop there's very little pinion change and I can turn the d-shaft with no binding anywhere.
      The amount of lift you run is key to reduce binding
      The cardan or CV joint driveshafts are nothing special, just a Spicer 1310 CV which is also used in jeeps and dozens of other vehicles. If you found one from another vehicle, you could homebrew a new shaft and make to the length you need fairly easy

4. sdhawks_2000

sdhawks_2000 New Member

City, State:
      yuba city california
      89 b2
      bronco 2

u used a four link like the xj system can u get me some pics of that i wanna do mine with a d30 not sure if i wanna use coils or go leafe spring

5. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Martinsburg WV
      84 BII "Li'l Samson"
      He has not posted in sometime.

6. terribleII89

terribleII89 Active Member

City, State:
      prince george, virginia
      89 broncoII xlt
      yes I used a four link but I used ag arms for min links it worked great I would post up pics of it but I can't on my droid and I don't have a computer I may have pics of it in the build thread in my sig if it helps and sorry it took so long to reply I ain't been on in while due to to some circumstanses and had to get rid of the b2 :( so now my focus is on the explorer I have now since things are lookin back up. But enough bout me any progress on this swap?

7. Truckjunkie

Truckjunkie New Member

City, State:
      Elko,Nevada
      1984 Bronco II
      Just Curious-can that front end be set up with locking hubs? My '84 B-II is pretty much stock except for Rancho shocks and slightly bigger tires,but works okay for what I do;I'd thought about a SAS,but so far I really can't bitch about the stock set up. I gotta have locking hubs though-just a personal "weirdness".
      Truck