BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Get the BTF upper arms, I have a 1.75 spacer and you can see how level that my BTF arms are.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am thinking of getting some of these, is there anything I should watch out for or consider when putting these in. I have air tools and hand tools, is there anyhing else I would need tool wise to install them? They are going on a 2002 Mountaineer AWD. Do you have these in stock for 2.25 front and 1.75 rear?

oddly i needed a crow bar to get the rear spring in. Dont ask why it just wouldnt work so we used a crow bar..

I am thinking of getting some of these, is there anything I should watch out for or consider when putting these in. I have air tools and hand tools, is there anyhing else I would need tool wise to install them? They are going on a 2002 Mountaineer AWD. Do you have these in stock for 2.25 front and 1.75 rear?

You can use either, but I suspect hand tools will be easiest considering the tight space. No special tools, just your standard sockets, wrenches, jacks/stands, and a torque wrench if you want to do a proper install. Check out the parent thread to this discussion for the installation details.

If you're going with the 2.25/1.75 spacers then it's strongly encouraged/mandatory to order custom upper control arms for the front to relieve the stress in the ball joint since it will be riding in its maxed out position constantly.

This thread goes over everything I said and more, so read through it all and do some extensive research.

To get yourself some spacers and control arms, get a hold of Brandon at BTF Fabrication. Run a search through the forums or Google for the number. The work is of impeccable quality.

-Dubya

Hi everyone! Im new to the forum. I love my mountaineer and had it for two years but im starting to have the urge to lift it. What can I do? And these btf spacers i keep readin about? Whats with all the hype? Do they actually lift it amd give it ground clearence? My idea is to either level it out or lift it 2.5 front and 1.75 in the rear and get some 265 bfg all terrains

And one thing thats bugging the crap out of me is "can I use 05 explorer parts for an 05 mountaineer?" i know its basically the same car but im hesitant to buy something meant for another vehicle

Hi everyone! Im new to the forum. I love my mountaineer and had it for two years but im starting to have the urge to lift it. What can I do? And these btf spacers i keep readin about? Whats with all the hype? Do they actually lift it amd give it ground clearence? My idea is to either level it out or lift it 2.5 front and 1.75 in the rear and get some 265 bfg all terrains

No hype. They actually work, which is why they are pretty popular here. Yes, they'll work fine on your mountaineer. Suspension wise they are identical to the explorers.

...im starting to have the urge to lift it. What can I do?

Three lift options currently available: Body Lift, Coil Spacer, Longer Coils
The general consensus is that the Body Lift and Coil Spacers are the best.

See Thread Post

And these btf spacers i keep readin about? Whats with all the hype? Do they actually lift it amd give it ground clearence?

BTF Coil Spacers will push your tires away from the vehicle, raising the whole vehicle and increasing ground clearance. They're very easy to install and are made superbly.

My idea is to either level it out or lift it 2.5 front and 1.75 in the rear and get some 265 bfg all terrains

2.25" Front and 1.75" Rear coil spacers will level out the vehicle. For all intents and purposes, any front coil spacer exceeding 2" will be putting extreme stress on the upper ball joints, and you risk their failure. You would either have to accept the safety risk or invest in extended upper control arms with uni-ball joints (also offered by BTF, but for a hefty price).

And one thing thats bugging the crap out of me is "can I use 05 explorer parts for an 05 mountaineer?" i know its basically the same car but im hesitant to buy something meant for another vehicle

Explorers and Mountaineers in the same generation are primarily interchangeable.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

thanks for the replys everyone! I know they have the same designs and stuff just wanted to be sure about things. and im not real interested in the longer coils or a body lift. does anyone have a link to btf? and what would some coil spacers run me?

does anyone have a link to for a body lift? and how would some coil spacers and a 1 or 1.5 inch body lift look with 265 tires ? ive read some discussions about these body lifts. arent people using ones for a ford ranger? but that has to have alot of fabircation done to it right?

...does anyone have a link to btf? and what would some coil spacers run me?

www.btf-fab.com

Their coil spacers of any size (set of four) run about $275 now, if I remember correctly. Double check on that.
does anyone have a link to for a body lift? and how would some coil spacers and a 1 or 1.5 inch body lift look with 265 tires ? ive read some discussions about these body lifts. arent people using ones for a ford ranger? but that has to have alot of fabircation done to it right?

-The 3" body lift is from a 98-00 Ranger and is called PA-883. It can be found on EBay easily for around $150.

-Pictures of lifts and tires are floating around everywhere.

-A 1.5" body lift can be done with no modification and on the cheap: check the sticky.

-The 3" body lift requires the front bumper mount holes to be widened, the steering shaft extension to be grinded, the fan shroud to be trimmed, and the trailer hitch to be made some brackets (some have found success in flipping it instead): check the sticky.

thank you dubya. so i should look for a 1.5 inch body lift for a 98 to 2000 ford ranger? does it matter if its a 4wd kit? and what if i dont have leaf springs?

thank you dubya. so i should look for a 1.5 inch body lift for a 98 to 2000 ford ranger? does it matter if its a 4wd kit? and what if i dont have leaf springs?

At the top part of the modified 2002-2005 forum there is a thread called "how to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50". Read through it, everything you need to know is in there. Lots of other threads up in that section that will help you out with your plans if you take some time to read thru them.

Anyone interested in buying a set of BTF spacers let me know. I have a set of brand new 2.25" spacers and would like to trade for a set of 1.25" fronts since I have rancho quick lifts installed and don't want to run too much lift. Spacers are brand new and have never been installed since I have the quicklifts. Thanks.

Folks,

A quick question. After installing your spacers, what did you do about your sway bar links? I should be replacing mine anyway, but have some found success in longer ones online, or do we have to make our own? If the latter, what was done about making rubber bushings?

Folks,

A quick question. After installing your spacers, what did you do about your sway bar links? I should be replacing mine anyway, but have some found success in longer ones online, or do we have to make our own? If the latter, what was done about making rubber bushings?

As far as fabricating your own, all you need is a longer bolt and spacer . You can still use the same rubber or polyurethane bushings from your swaybar links.

I'm Interested In Getting Some Spacers Soon I Have An 2004 XLT, There Are A Few Questions I Have.

1. I Want To Run 265s On My Stock Rims Will They Rub.?
2. How Much Lift Will 2"(F) And 1.75"(R) Give Me.?
3. Will I Need To Trim or Cut or Remount Anything.?
4. Are There Any Additional Things I Will Need To Purchase.? (I Plan To Use My Ex. For Lights Off Road And Mud)
5. How Long Does It Take From The Time I Order Them Till They Will Be Delivered.?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm Interested In Getting Some Spacers Soon I Have An 2004 XLT, There Are A Few Questions I Have.

1. I Want To Run 265s On My Stock Rims Will They Rub.?
2. How Much Lift Will 2"(F) And 1.75"(R) Give Me.?
3. Will I Need To Trim or Cut or Remount Anything.?
4. Are There Any Additional Things I Will Need To Purchase.? (I Plan To Use My Ex. For Lights Off Road And Mud)
5. How Long Does It Take From The Time I Order Them Till They Will Be Delivered.?

Aluminum:

1: 265s will fit just great with no rub on stock wheels at stock height.

2: I know 2.25"/1.75" spacers will yield about 3.5"-ish of lift. Yours would be quite close.

3: No trimming or cutting required for a spacer lift.

4.1: Consider extended uni-ball upper control arms from BTF. They will help keep the knuckle away from touching the coil, and will eliminate the hyper-strain on the stock ball joints (which will prematurely wear and potentially fail due to riding at their maxed out range 24/7).

4.2: Your own new custom sway bar links.

4.3: Quality washers to replace the camber lock-shims of the upper control arms, allowing alignment.

4.4: A full-blown and proper alignment from somewhere you trust.

5: I waited about three weeks. The upcoming holidays may alter that estimate, but their work is great and worth the patience.

Good luck sir!

Back