Budget 2track 1994 sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Budget 2track 1994 sport

Ordered the 3" body lift kit last night will be here in 5-9 days so tonite if the hurc is dry enough i will be putting in the spacers for the front 2.5" lift. if i get it done il trow up some pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I program robots and cnc mills just a background first. I am going to be removing the ac cond. And i will be fabing up a bracket to mount another alternator in its spot and then running it to secondary battery witch i will place under the hood. This will act as a completely independent power supply for lights and others and in the event of failure i can move main batt. Cables over to second batt. And use. After i make bracket up i will draw out a blue print and pass it forward.

Very cool idea. I have a second battery in the rear cargo space with an isolator switch connected to a custom made 170amp alternator. I run my stereo and inverter from it. When it needs to charge on the go, I flip the switch on and it charges as i drive, otherwise i slow charge it.

Thats alot of alternator. And by custom made?

Well forgot to grab my 1 1/8th wrench for front springs so i did a lil cosmetic stuff. Now need your opinions should i hurc the plastic flares or leave them flat black

Attachments

• 20151010_012132.jpg
    20151010_012132.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 513
  • 20151010_012116.jpg
    20151010_012116.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 529
  • 20151010_012057.jpg
    20151010_012057.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 539

Thats alot of alternator. And by custom made?

Alternatorparts.com

It is a lot of alternator, but since my engine spends most of its time spinning at lower rpms, a high amp alternator gives me more usable power down low, along with a different pulley and different windings.

Very cool truck! . Sometimes I wish mine wasn't so pretty. . I just can't bring myself to start messing with it yet.

Truck's looking great so far! Also just fyi, a hitch-ball wrench is a 1 1/8 and 1 1/2, and you can pick one up for $10 or so at most any auto parts store! That's what I used when I changed out my front springs a while back.

I have the wrench in my tool box at work just forgot to grab it. Im at work now and its in my truck now. Hopefully i will have the spacers in tomorrow and i will be waiting for the body lift to come in.

Well forgot to grab my 1 1/8th wrench for front springs so i did a lil cosmetic stuff. Now need your opinions should i hurc the plastic flares or leave them flat black

Nice Truck! I'd Hurc the plastic flares.

Nice work so far! Hoping to find a sport sometime soon myself...

I love my sports. I have a 92 and this 94. my 93 xlt is a donor now. thanks everyone. i am very happy with how it turned out. im am excited to get it done all i have left is the body lift and front spacers just waiting on snail mail to get the body lift here. i think im going to herc. the flares. I finished welding up my rock sliders today made them out of u channel and 1" chromeolly tubing.

Pics please! Been thinking of rock sliders for mine and need some ideas... :D

Il get pics up when i finish them. Need paint and need my body lift to get here first so i can make the mounts

Well brought home the 1 1/8 witch was what im sure i used on my 92 sport and these are not 1 1/8 look like 28mm to me. Fml maybe tomorrow il just bring home every size from 1.00 to 1.125 metric and standard lol.

Picking it up from the shop after it got its alignment. Everything aligned perfect. Total so far 1228$

Attachments

• 20151026_101351.jpg
    20151026_101351.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 358

Yes, it looks great and serious for trail runs!

Got pulled over for the tires hanging out so i put the flexy flares on il throw up some pics soon. They look better than i thought they would

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool build!

Back