1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Buzzing noise when accelerating

Discussion in 'Explorer & Ranger Transmissions, Transfer Cases, &' started by Willyssis, November 19, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Willyssis

Willyssis New Member

Year and Model:
      2004 Explorer
      Ok, not really sure what's going on so didn't know where to post this. If I need to post it somewhere else, please let me know.
      I just bought a 2004 Ford Explorer 4WD. Didn't notice the sound when I purchased but now I do. I want to say it sounds like a loud bee buzzing noise when I accelerate. It also does it when I first start it up for the day. Oddly enough, it doesn't do it when I am in reverse.
      Any help will be appreciated.
      Thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.