CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20 | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I tried to join the club today and almost broke my toe today:rolleyes:

Dropped a 2x2 3/16" thick 4' piece of steel on by toe with running shoes on:( My toe looks like a wild dog nawed on it. My wife can't bear to look at it.:D

Does'nt hurt as much as it first did and I can still move it, so were good:thumbsup: :D

Pics? :D

Truckhaven no look so good no more. crap. but hey rit, thanks for the website! just gotta figure out how to put my page in golive and add more stuff, then upload it. your phone is gonna ring off the hook tomorrow......

You asked for it! :D I cleaned it up a bit though...dosn't look so bad now..

my "Thumbnail";)

Thumbnail.jpg

Oh the memories that brings back and all of them really painful.:(

I guess your lucky you can still move it. I bang mine into a steel bumper and could not move it for like 3+ weeks afterward.

You asked for it! :D I cleaned it up a bit though...dosn't look so bad now..

my "Thumbnail";)

Thumbnail.jpg

Last time I did that, the nail died and pulled out.. then grew back over the next few months..

I just went through the same experience except on my thumb -- the pintle on the trailer came down on it and the nail was done. Three and a half months later and its almost good to go again :thumbsup:

Also, I sliced the same thumb to the bone when I was young with a machete trying to open a coconut (in the Philippines :D)

Less than 5 days left...

Less than 5 days left..

I got my new shoes and finished the last little things (new water temp gauge, hard wired the rock lights)..

Hurry up Friday morning....

~Mark

Attachments

• trxus-mt-2.gif
    trxus-mt-2.gif
    100.4 KB · Views: 208

I'm almost ready. Got motivated and adapted my old bumper yesterday.

Is that spare bungee corded on?:D

Navajo should have the canvas top on by Thursday, sooo everything is on schedule.

Hey Tom, your skills and helping hand will be missed.

Detail for when you get there (click for larger image):

Looks like there was a big event the day Google captured that image... Look at all those "wagon circles".

So looks like the camshaft sensor took a dump in the explorer:mad: Not sure if I should try to fix it before this or risk this weekend and then fix it,,:(

you have plenty of time! need a hand? i got nada to do today.....

you have plenty of time! need a hand? i got nada to do today.....

Unfortuantly I'm stuck at work today:rolleyes: Got to track down the parts, Napa has like 5 different ones:confused: It will have to wait till at least wednesday, need to borrow my dads timing gun too.

What does it cost? I could find it while you're at work.

What does it cost? I could find it while you're at work.

Board? :p: no biggie, I may go track one down at lunch;) There like 60 bucks and a 40 doller core or something:rolleyes:

Cool. I think i might roll out to L.A. today anyway and shoot some urban stuff. see if i can't get robbed or something authentic like that.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah just don't want to mess with it today, can't get my hand greasy today...got put a suit on tommorow and go to a big interview;) :thumbsup:

Back