California Earthquake, 5.4 todayl | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California Earthquake, 5.4 todayl

It's been a while since I've been in an earthquake. Last one I was in was the 6.8 one that hit outside of Seattle back in 2001. I was in 9th grade and I still remember that one.

I was also in the Northridge one, luckily I wasn't in the LA Basin, I was up in the Antelope Valley at Edwards AFB. It was strong enough there. I can't imagine what it was closer to the epicenter.

:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was just looking at the damage photos. You always see tons of products that have fallen from the shelves in grocery stores. I think they need to have earthquake resistant shelving for breakable containers, so that their merchandise doesn't get wasted when it may be needed the most.

...I seen the owner of the liquor store by my house on tv...The liquor stores are always the hardest hit by earthquakes...:(

Since phones went down, do we have a cb channel in the event there is more to follow? Would cb work during a disaster?

Missed the whole thing...I was in Vegas for a trade show. Everybody was fine here, and NO I didn't feel it in Vegas.

Media blows it all out of portion:rolleyes: 5.4 is nothing... My boss in Upland had some pictures fall off the wall. Nothing here. I'll see tomorrow at work if anything happend. My office is very close to ground zero if you will.

...Cb's work all the time, within a range...Channel 9 is the emergency channel and should only be monitered unless it is a life threatening emergency...During a disaster cb's in big cities have way to much chatter to get on and are like the old party lines with 1000's of people on at one time...:(

...Ham radios are the best response during a disaster...Sorry, I don't know much about hams...You might check with Rizz in the cb/ham radio section...;)

...The Emergency Alert System on TV and Radios will notify you in case of emergencies..:D

...We are still rocking...Just felt a good little one a while ago...I just looked up this map and it seems this is also the areas that felt it the hardest yesterday..:dunno:...If you scroll down the page I believe it updates...
http://www.data.scec.org/recenteqs/Maps/118-34.html

Remember the micro quakes in NO CA a while ago? Nothing happened here, but China and Japan and somewhere else got hit pretty hard. There's more to come, I just don't think it will be us (as I pray)

Here in Ontario at work....No Damage to report:rolleyes:

..The 5.4 is the big yellow square and the little squares are the hits in the last 24 hr.'s...

...I live in the big yellow, underneath the little blue squares area...It seems it is more related to diamond bar, yorba linda, anaheim hills area...:dunno:

11834uf4.gif

i didnt feel the quake i was on the road i was on the jamboree exit when it happend

Sorry for being late to the party......

I felt it big time in West Covina (South Hills area) was upstairs in my bedroom when it hit, actually i heard it coming sounded like a freight train just before it hit.

Had a few things fall but that was it.

Hey there! :) Welcome!

...We just had a 5.0 centered in San Bernardino at 7:49 pm...Felt like someone bumped the building this time...:rolleyes:

felt it.. like somebody bumped us. It will be interesting to go to work tommorow though, it was pretty much right under my office:confused: I know we had alot of shoes carelessly stacked to put away. They are for sure a mess now:(

I actually heard it before I felt it. They've just downgraded it to a 4.5, which I would have to say is about right. It didn't feel that strong to me. I've been through so many living here all these years, the little ones don't even bother me any more. It was the Landers and Big Bear quakes that REALLY got to me! Those were some pretty intense quakes, even from far away (I was in the OC at the time).

...It did feel kind of weak but ya never know if it's the little one before the biggy...4.5 feels about right here too...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i hate our local news....a hour of phone calls and video of a sizemagraph:rolleyes:

it like when it drizzles we go on storm watch. Stupid:thumbdwn:

Back