• Register Today It's free!

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

fordrocker

Reaction score
City, State
Thomasville North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XL sport
Where are the people from north carolina in the greensboro, winston, high point area?i am allways looking to meet people from my area to wheel with...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey I am from Trinity!!!! But I am in school up in Boone!

I'm in Raleigh, tried to wheel once in my Ex. Didn't go well (see Avatar).

rizzjc said:
I'm in Raleigh, tried to wheel once in my Ex. Didn't go well (see Avatar).

yea i got stuck two times so far but both times i got stuck in the same spot...it was a huge hole and and my wheels weren't even touching the ground....i geuss that is what i get for going in the fun spots...but my ex seems to do well even though it is stock i have taken it threw some pretty serious terain for a stock ex with no lift or anything...oh and the front passenger side auto locking hub is broke so i geuss i just have some good luck with it some how...oh well....i wanna start an ex crew here in nc i just need to find enough people unless there is one allready...then i would like to join

hi, i'm in roanoke VA but thats only like 45min. to an hr. away so if you wanna go wheelin sometime that'd be cool, i'm down

im in NC. So is Nissanboy, Zhanx, LimitedEx, and a few others. We are always out wheeling at URE, when its open that is. If you wanna go wheeling when the season opens back up let me know.

fordrocker said:
yea i got stuck two times so far but both times i got stuck in the same spot...it was a huge hole and and my wheels weren't even touching the ground....i geuss that is what i get for going in the fun spots...but my ex seems to do well even though it is stock i have taken it threw some pretty serious terain for a stock ex with no lift or anything...oh and the front passenger side auto locking hub is broke so i geuss i just have some good luck with it some how...oh well....i wanna start an ex crew here in nc i just need to find enough people unless there is one allready...then i would like to join

Well, after flooding the whole interior, having to clean that all up, developing a rear main seal leak as a result, spending $800 to get that fixed, then having to replace the transfer case 'cause it failed right after Ford gave my truck back, I'm a little hesitant to go "wheelin'" again. My truck has gone "off the road" plenty, but I think I've decided to stay away from "off-roading" until I can get something just for that purpose.

there are ways to fix that ;) lift it...

No sure how far away you guys are but Im in Va Beach, VA and am pretty tired of 4 wheelin here...it just sucks. If you guys meet up anywhere with in 2 hours of here I'd join ya :thumbsup:

slravene said:
there are ways to fix that ;) lift it...

Believe you me, it was getting close to becoming one of the AWD to 4x4 swaps because I was having such a hard time finding the tcase. But when someone on the boards offered me one with half the miles for $200, that became the easy fix. Besides, I'd have had to lift it about 3 feet. No joke! I must say, I was impressed that the door seals held for 30-45 seconds, and actually kept the water from getting up to the same level inside as it was outside.

My "little" brother has a Tacoma, and really got into making it an offroad rig when he was in CO and CA. Between listening to him, and being on these boards, I'd really like to do it, but I've decided that I don't have the stomach for it unless I go get a truck for that sole purpose.

just dont "mud" it...there are plenty of mild trails in NC that wont twist your stomach at all.

slravene said:
just dont "mud" it...there are plenty of mild trails in NC that wont twist your stomach at all.

Yeah, I know. It was just a bad situation when all I was trying to do was play a LITTLE after work. The guy on the cell phone gave me bad directions. *******! If I had been by myself, I wouldn't have done something so stupid.

ill tell you what...when URE opens back up, you can come ride with me once and you will see that not all wheeling is gut wrenching, make it or bust kind of deal. Alot of it can be just a cruise in the woods.

That's my style! And my brother and I have been talking about that. He's in Knoxville, so URE is about in the middle. My other thing was that I am nervous about something else popping up on my daily driver. My confidence in it is building again, after the flood. So much hit me when that happened, it was a little overwhelming for a vehicle that hasn't given me a minute of trouble in 9 years.

I'm in Thomasville. At the time

hello anytime you guys go wheelin count me in i love ure cant wait for it to reopen and just like the man said just dont mud it to hard to get clean! ure is a nice place and man is it nice to meet other exploder owners around here with more than just grocery gitters! cant wait to wheel!!!!! :D

I'm in mooresville but have a stock truck. Can't do too much riding yet but will have it Tellico ready eventually.

Just moved to Raleigh a month ago and I'm looking for some places to wheel (not too tough)...

Nothing "official" around here, that I know of, but there is an area off Ligon Mill in North Raleigh, near Wake Forest, where some like to go. Just be careful after the rain! (See avatar.) Other than that, everyone I know goes to URE.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live in Greensboro. I have a place at Badin Lake and I am always willing to wheel. If you let me know ahead of time we can probably work it out so you can camp at my place and then go wheeling. I got my truck stuck kinda like yours once, It was in this small mud hole near a movie theatre. Nowhere near as deep at yours, Way more muddy. Still got mud in the truck and I've been cleaning for about 8 months on it.

Back