Chew_12

Working
Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Can you spin your tires?(Poll)

Just wondering how many X's can spin there tires on a normal road, with it being dry. Then post what kind of X you have and any upgrades that may effect spinning tires.

I have a 93 Auto and i can only spin my tires when its wet and im turning.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can only get a chirp when it's dry, check out my sig for mods...

Sure, need I elaborate? :D

3gears.gif

Originally posted by Alec
Sure, need I elaborate? :D

3gears.gif

Question for you would be how long of a burn out! LOL. X-terrains get too expensive for that I'm sure.

P.S. your 3gears dude is bad @ss!!!!

Honestly in the dry I can't get too long of a burnout with 12.50 wide tires. However, in the wet I can let the truck sit with the gas hammered for as long as I want ;)

In the dry it really depends on the road surface. On some great surfaces I can let loose 10-15 foot stripes. However, on most crappy roads around here I can't leave very long trails.

I only WISH I could spin my tires!:frustrate

I voted yes auto...

94 limited... can around corners and off some straight stops b/c of the locked rear end....

my 91 (if it ever runs) will have no problem chirping em in 2 low, if not 2 hi with the 302

I can spin them but only for a second then the front wheels kick in, Controltrac sucks!

I can spin them fine. Since I got my chip I've been doing some beautiful burn-outs. I hate spinning in the rain, it gets annoying when it's not on purpose.

Well I don't what all has been done to the truck but I can spin the tires really good on dry pavement. And I'm running 35's and an open diff.

33s, 3.55 open diffs, intake and MAS, exhaust, chip

I can spin 'em if I hit the gas in a turn...

Originally posted by huskyfan23
I hate spinning in the rain, it gets annoying when it's not on purpose.

Yeah, I hate that too...

Yea I can, just rev it, pop the old center force and BAM, I don't like to do it often cause the YOKO's aren't cheap. and the Open diff allots for some uneven wear.
Click the sig for the MODS.
LOL ALEC

Heh its weird, I have 33s, 4.10s and a lockright and i could'nt spin the tires if i wanted but they chirp around turns. but i can chirp the tires shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. and in the rain i can get the tires to break loose for about a second doing the same thing. but i do have to be hammering on it to do that.

Hell no. My old 95 with a manual used to rip tho.

Question will a chip make your tires spin for a 1st gen auto? with stock size tires

I can spin easily on dry, but if have a manual tranny (which I do), it's pretty easy.

Yeah I can BURN! 255/70 R16's (30 inch) with 4.10's.

KN FIPK II, Granatelli Motorsport MAS...

Control Trac sux if you want a good one so brake torque is required to get good spin with control trac.

The 97 (V8 AWD) wont do a burnout to save its life (probably a good thing) I dont mind though, its nice to be able to put the pedal to the floor, and just have the truck grab and go, instead of sitting there spinning...:D

the 91 could sometimes do them, barely...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back