• Register Today It's free!

Canadian Online parts store?

metalmechanic

Reaction score
City, State
Mission, B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Anyone know a good online parts store in Canada?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like JC Whitney but for Canadians. I've found some online parts stores but their selection SUCKS compared to the american ones

Theres www.autopartsway.ca but i have never used them. I do not like Canadian tire for parts, i use partsource sometimes but they are expensive.

I used rockauto.com since they have a large selection of parts and my item arrived pretty quick.

how about canadian high performance they are in richmond bc. i havent bought from them now in a few years, but were resonable priced.

What parts stores do most Canadians use? Napa, Part Source etc....

I use Napa because the owner gives me prices lower than everyone else, but not always sure if the parts are the best.

Also besides maintain parts where does everyone get the mod parts from? Would like a nice bull bar or something similar with a winch hook up.

in bc here we have a chain of stores called "Lordco Auto Parts". The guy i know there usually gives me 50-60% off list price.

Napa's allright, the prefered customer discount is 40% i think. I usually get that when I mention my schools cash account which they can't find.

i've used rockauto a couple times. man can you get deals there. they're even better when they have the wholesaler closeout sales. shipping would be a fair amount, but still ends up cheaper then i'd get it locally. now with our canadian dollar falling, rockautos prices are a lot more expensive for us. i like it when the cdn dollar was higher then the US dollar. it meant rockauto prices were cheaper with the exchange rate.

napa is the last palce i would buy parts from. iv tryed dealing with them before, but they either think im stupid an dont know what im talking about or jack the price so high only a moron would pay that kinda price think they getting it in gold.
canadian tire is the last place i got to for parts but i always have to have the old part off so i can match it up. i only go there if its like a sunday an i need parts like now.
but i do have a local jobber i buy my parts from. gives me better prices then any 1 else i deal with, so i just stick with them.
as for peformance parts il use summit racing or depending on the part ill go to performance improvements. really have to shop to compair the difference.sometimes its cheaper here.

how about canadian high performance they are in richmond bc. i havent bought from them now in a few years, but were resonable priced.

i rarely buy from napa. i only go there if the other store i go to doesn't have what i'm looking for.

where is canadian high peformance? i live in richmond.

What kind of parts would you mainly need? We do a pretty big business into Canada..mainly Alberta..

generally i'm just looking for a camshaft sensor for my 1994 4.0L right now, but if some peformance parts are the right price for me i'd consider it.

James.. what do you not like about NAPA? Is quality or price?

Eric I would like to place some shackles on. New air filter something like the K&N. Just slowly upgrading, one project at a time.

It ain't Canadian, but rockauto.com does provide very quick service into Canada. I recently started using them and I'm amazed at how quickly they get things to me from OEM Ford parts to aftermarket alternatives.

Of course, with the strengthening of the US dollar recently against the Canadian, things don't look too attractive, but still way cheaper than local Ford stealerships (I just scored an IAC for my 5.0 for about $50 less than they wanted at two local dealerships).

Shop around and then compare with them. I think you'll find good deals can be had even with the dollar where it is. Their selection is superb.

James.. what do you not like about NAPA? Is quality or price?

quality is alright, although i had to exchange 3 fuel pumps, problem was the pressure regulator, but the new ones have plastic gears in em, so they melt when it gets hot

but napa parts are usually really expensive. new cam sensor for my truck is about $750 according to them

when i did the fuel pump / sending unit, i ended up paying over $250 for both. at the other place, i could have had both for $196.

some things are alright priced at napa, but most of the electrical parts and expensive parts are overpriced.

It ain't Canadian, but rockauto.com does provide very quick service into Canada. I recently started using them and I'm amazed at how quickly they get things to me from OEM Ford parts to aftermarket alternatives.

Of course, with the strengthening of the US dollar recently against the Canadian, things don't look too attractive, but still way cheaper than local Ford stealerships (I just scored an IAC for my 5.0 for about $50 less than they wanted at two local dealerships).

Shop around and then compare with them. I think you'll find good deals can be had even with the dollar where it is. Their selection is superb.

how much is shipping with you for rockauto. usually to richmond its about 20-30 bucks.

how much is shipping with you for rockauto. usually to richmond its about 20-30 bucks.

I find that shipping appears steep...until you compare the price vis local stores. Then again, I found an Auto Value here in Calgary selling Goodyear serpentine belts for LESS than they're advertised in the US (when priced in US dollars). Of course, no shipping required.

I know you've got "Mopac" in the lower mainland. I've used them in Calgary to find hard to find aftermarket parts in the past for a pretty good price. They don't do online sales, but do respond to emails in a reasonable amount of time. Probably better off picking up the phone as well. They're pretty knowledgeable.

yea shipping is steep from rockauto, theyre not really the place if u need an oil filter and a few spark plugs. but for what i've needed them for, a hard to find transmission filter and my explorer's dpfe sensor, its still cheaper then the local parts store. plus you can usually get motorcraft and acdelco parts there, better then these aftermarket parts.

mopac is awesome. for high peformance, they have everything. oh man you should see the size of their warehouse.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was recently looking for some alignment bushings for my Bronco II.Rockauto sells them for about $45 USD for the pair.They wanted $25 for shipping by mail so I figured once I paid the post office service charge I would be looking at close to $80.My local NAPA wanted $106 Cdn for the same parts,another local parts store wanted $86 so I figured in this case I might as well buy local.

Back