Cancel Order | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cancel Order

karipay

Reaction score
Not that I'm cancelling but just in case I want to cancel my order, will I get back the money I gave to the dealer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1)
Ask dealer this before you hand over the $$

2)
Ask dealer if you forgot to do #1

wY0x9JZqao3Y4qaNUjpQwYeXiJyByQ-Rkm_j_wGKz7SYcihIUw.jpg

My job here is done!!!

What form did you give the dealer "money"? Credit card?

Just posted a question just to see if someone already experienced this scenario? Why mock when you can just give a yes or no answer.

1)
Ask dealer this before you hand over the $$

2)
Ask dealer if you forgot to do #1

wY0x9JZqao3Y4qaNUjpQwYeXiJyByQ-Rkm_j_wGKz7SYcihIUw.jpg

My job here is done!!!

I imagine it would depend on the dealer. I didn't have to give money down at all to order mine, and didn't sign any papers.

However, given that they are selling like hot-cakes, I'd think it shouldn't be a problem. It's not going to sit on their lot for very long.

In fact, I changed my order to add something after it was too late to affect my order. The car had been "pulled" and was going to be built and delivered to the dealer anyway. Instead of being annoyed with me, they thanked me because I just gave them an Explorer to sell off the lot.

Why mock when you can just give a yes or no answer.

It is not just a yes or no answer. Dealers conduct business differently. Read the documents you are asked to sign BEFORE you sign them, do not accept a verbal commitment. It's your money, Caveat Emptor.

Back