• Register Today It's free!

Can't find key slot to start car

ECF1956

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
2013 Explorer Limited w/mySync - I got a Key not Found Warning even though I had the key. The owner's manual told me about a key slot located in center console to use but I could not find slot. I looked in front of console and the compartment in back of gear shift... no luck. Pictures anyone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my 2013 fusion it's in the center console.

Protected by a little rubber cover on the front edge.

Not the conventional round barrel you might be looking for. It's just a small slot.

The same key also fits the slot door under the bottom of the pull handle.

2013 Explorer Limited w/mySync - I got a Key not Found Warning even though I had the key. The owner's manual told me about a key slot located in center console to use but I could not find slot. I looked in front of console and the compartment in back of gear shift... no luck. Pictures anyone?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There is a picture on page 208 of your Owner's Manual. This post also has a video that may help.
Where is the MyKey programming slot?
Also, please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Limited) to your profile so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you.

Peter

OK, I found it but I will clarify for others where it is. The slot is located in the center console storage compartment (behind the gear shift) and is below the 12V power adapter. You cannot see it easily because it is recessed about an inch toward the front under the "shelf" which the 12V power adapter is mounted. The slot to put the entire key in is in the middle of the front wall of that compartment. The key slot is not a hole but more like a small bracket. The manual's picture does not illustrate this well. Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There is a picture on page 208 of your Owner's Manual. This post also has a video that may help.
Where is the MyKey programming slot?
Also, please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Limited) to your profile so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you.

Peter
Done

Back