Carnege in Clayton! Big Dawg Challenge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carnege in Clayton! Big Dawg Challenge

Gofast

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McKinney, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
76 Bronco
Well, I'm off this afternoon to watch the Big Dawg Challenge in Clayton Oklahoma. More information can be found at WWW.Fwd-Fwd.org It is the local DFW area club challenge. Should be fun an interesting. Clayton is a really good area to go wheeling.

Have Fun.

Rob

I loved wheeling in Clayton. I took my X on its first orgnaized trail run there (Sam's Novice Run) had a blast. I would love to see the Big Dawgs tackle 3 stage. May not be as difficult for them, but it would be intertaining.

Clayton was a blast.

Well, they ran on private leased land, North of Yanush. The trail was extreme, but so were the rigs. $100 to enter so it deterred a lot of wanna bees.

Smallest tire was 38". Several were running Hummer Wheels. The run flat center for the hummer wheels blew out a few side walls when pinched.

A couple od jeeps had coils all the way around. 3 link set-up in back. They looked a lot like a spider climbing the run. The first 5 to attempt the run broke. The 3 guy actually made to within 4' of the finish. His front hubs cleared the gate and then he broke. He couldn't winch across the line due to points. His mechanic/spotter got pissed off and walked out on him.

Russ Baer of Baertraxx ran in 7th spot. No winch at all and only 37 points for the whole course. It was amazing because he did not have what appeared to be the best rig, but it was set-up very well. He also had the best spotter and I think the smoothest driving skill. Yes he won.

It was a fun event, and now I have to finish my truck!

Thanks Rob

Back