• Register Today It's free!

CD cassette is stuck

tdp

Reaction score
City, State
gallatin, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
The cd cassette is stuck in my 6 CD changer. It has never been a problem befire, but it will not come out. Does nayone have any idea how to release it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is the door all the way open

Yes, the door is all the way open. The release makes the normal cycling sound, but the cassette does not "pop=up" as normal. I'm not certain what the actual retention mechanism is so it's difficult to determinea way to release it.

try to press is mag down either right before or while you hit the button.

I removed the CD unit. In the right rear of the unit (as you are looking at the rear, the front away from you) is a small rectangular opening. Looking in the rectangular opening you will see a small tab about 5/8 inch into the unit. With a very small screwdriver, move the tab to the right. The Casette will pop out. The part moved is the pawl that secures the Casette.

After you remove it from the explorer, this is how you get the stuck discs out and how you clean it to work. I tried this but my 6 disc changer has a broken cog, damn. I need a replacement for my explorer. Anyway, here is a great video how to fix/clean.

Back