• Register Today It's free!

CD Error

gregtarris

Reaction score
City, State
Allendale, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94, 98 sport, 02 xlt
My 2002 Explorer has a 6 CD changer. when I press CD play the cd blinks CD Error. When I go to eject a CD, it blinks CD Error. Anybody know what I can do to at least get my CDs out if it is not going to play them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you happen to have a 'home made' CD in there with a paper label on it? I had trouble with one of those sometime ago. Can't remember if I got a CD error or not though. The home made CD would not eject nor would it or any other CDs in the changer play. I got it out with a needle nose pliers that has a long thin tip. When you press eject, see if you can see the edge of the CD when the door opens. If so, try to coax the CD out with a needle nose or tweezers. Hope this helps.

Engage the Radio(FM). Press buttons 3 and 6 together. Puts the radio into test mode. Press one. Should say something like test pass or something. Then press 2. Should display and DTCs stored in the radio.

My 2002 Explorer has a 6 CD changer. when I press CD play the cd blinks CD Error. When I go to eject a CD, it blinks CD Error. Anybody know what I can do to at least get my CDs out if it is not going to play them?
I read on another site that if you pull the fuse and then re-insert it, you may be able to eject the CDs. Also suggested (more drastic) was to disconnect the battery to kill power to the CD changer.

I have a single CD player, and was getting "EJ Err" when I tried to eject a brand new factory CD that I got for Christmas. Pulling the fuse and reinserting it worked for me. Natch, you'll have to reprogram your radio stations.

greg

this has happened to me.

a friend put some mega thick homegrown cd in, i could have killed him!

how to fix problem, let the car/unit cool down. take a regular cd and gently push it in. just tap it. be gentle and be patient. it will come right out. baby the radio for a bit, only load and eject at start up. also don't use that particular slot for awhile.

do NOT pull on that mother!!

I am having a similar problem. My 6 CD changer reads load error and no cd error on eject. This all occured after my battery ran down from leaving the interior lights on (DUH!) Going through the sequence you descibed, I have a DTCS found. What is a DTCS? I assume that DTCS are trouble codes. how do you access the codes? What is a break down of the codes?

The codes should display right after its says DTCS found on the display. I believe you can scroll through with the seek buttons.

Mine had a B1342 code for tape and cd. Haven't been able to find out what that means. B1342 is RCM failure, but that has nothing to do with the radio.

The eject button clears the codes.

disc error display

Hi!

I'm having a similar problem on my 98 explorer, i pull out the disc with a pair of small grips and after and after that the word disc still there and when i press on the eject button it display a disc error...
Also now i am not able to get any cd in.
If someone have a clue on what to do to correct this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
John
:exporange

Hey guys i'm having the same problem and i want to try the to pull the fuse but i lost my manual and so i have no idea which fuse controls the radio does anyone now which fuse i need to pull i have a 2002 ford explorer sport

I have a similar problem with my 2002 Explorer....CD error message.......I did press 3 and 6 at the same time.....speakers tested fine, but then I got a NO CDDJ message....what's that?

I have a 2005 Mountaineer that just had to have the battery replaced and now I am experiencing this same "LOAD ERROR" message for my 6 CD player. I am wondering if any of you took your car back to the dealer to have this fixed or did replacing the fuse allow the loading of cd's?

I just ran the self test and also received the error "DTCS FOUND", does anyone know how to correct this w/o going back to the dealer as I just picked my car up from them AGAIN and really don't want to go back there.

I just tried pulling the fuse out and it worked, thanks

My XL2F-18C868-CA ( made in Mexico) Mach radio CD player jams about every 8 years. I put in a XL2F-18C868-BB (mad in USA) from a similar junked explorer. It too grinds and would not play after 8 years. So now I have 2 working radios but both of their CD players only make a grinding noise when I put a CD in. I have the CD players out and ready to fix now..

I saw somewhere on these forums where this could be fixed by cleaning a band connector on the CD player. Can anyone let me know where that description is?

I just took out the XL2F-18C868-BB and put it back in and now it plays CDs again. Go go figure!

Back