• Register Today It's free!

CD player

skoville

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Springs, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XLT
My neighbor insists that if The radio panel has a CD search/eject button on it, it was equipped with a CD player. True ? Or just a standard panel ? I f it's been removed, where the hell was it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford has used generic faceplates on their radios now and then. If your head unit has no slot to insert a CD, then it won't support any kind of CD playback. It's not missing just never intended to be there but they slapped on the CD faceplate to save them some time making one that had that button removed.

The only other thing I can guess is that if the original stereo never had a CD player to begin with and at some point the faceplate was destroyed and replaced with a compatible one from a CD playing unit.

I would guess the stereo is from a vehicle equipped with a CD changer, or do you have the changer in your center console?

^ this. Check to see if there is/was a CD changer in the console.

^ this. Check to see if there is/was a CD changer in the console.
my old Merc had the changer in the trunk, This console too small. Just a fluke, I guess. It's nowhere to be found. Seems [like a lot of work, but old owner may have taken it.

My glasses barely fit in the console !

Back