Keep on wheelin John Rock
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
Rob and I were kicking this idea around and decided to go for another meet and a run.

WHEN AUG 6TH

LOCATION HAMILTON, TEXAS

Meeting Point: Easymc's house. (address will not be posted since public forum, PM easymc or myself for address and directions, google and mapquest will get you close, but not there)

Meeting Time: anytime Saturday morning, run begins at 11:00am

ROUTE:

Beginning at Robert's house:

R on FM 218 to Pottsville (small town we grew up in)
L-FM 221
R-CR 512
L-CR 513
R-CR 515
R-CR 517 ( stop at old graveyard)
Straight to CR 521 (cross over FM 2414)
L-CR 522
L-CR 520
R-CR 519
Straight to CR 415 (cross over US 281) what used to be a water crossing, but now dry as a bone)
R-FM 1241
L-CR 424
R-CR 410
L-CR 416
R CR 409
L-FM3340
L-FM 932
R-CR 402
R-TX 36 (beer store stop)
R-CR 412
L-FM 932
L-CR 431 ( Old Jonesboro Bridge )
R-TX 36 ( then a left into the One Stop Store)
R-TX 36
R-CR 303
L-CR 301 (Rock House graveyard and old church)
L-Tx 22
L-City Lake ( time to test the 4wd!! )
L-Tx 22
In to Hamilton to the CEFCO for a pit stop)
Back roads to Oakwood Graveyard, a person named Bushy Bill Roberts is buried here, he claimed he was Billy the Kid in the early 1950's and was living in Hico, his characater is on the movie "Young Guns 2")
L-FM 2905
L-CR 210
L-CR 211
R-CR 203
L-CR 204
Straight to CR 105 (crossing US 281)
L-CR 101 ( one more old bridge )
CR 101 into town
FM 218 back to Roberts house

The city "lake" has an area that is used for wheeling. It is small, but it is free and there are areas for 2wd and areas for 4wd. However, no campfires are allowed.
The county roads are unimproved and provide a lot of milage and scenery, rustic views and what some would call "crap buildings falling down", as well as what used to be bridges. The county roads will be dusty, and small stones will be picked up by the tires. So dings and stratches will happen.

UPDATE Robert and I did a map recon of the route today, we are doing a WAG of 75 + or - miles max not counting the wheeling area, we only did around 5 miles in the wheeling area, however we only covered part of the trails. The route will be a combo of improved and unimproved roads, with around 3/4+ of it being on unimproved roads. Be prepared to taste dust. We will be doing a road recon before the run so we can obtain a more accurate milage report. We are putting a water crossing into the route, but remember here at that time of year, the creek crossing could range in width to dry as a bone to 30 feet wide or more.
At the end of the run, we will be doing a cookout at Robert's house. (easymc) Burgers and dogs will be provided. Anyone who wants to bring other items, please let us know. All kind of items can be brought in such as chips, contiments, etc.
As of today ( 19 June) gas for 87 is 3.59 in Hamilton.

PLANNING TO ATTEND

Easymc
reapereviltwin
MrQ
yodicoyote
TxPlates
Cybergasm
NICE59FORDF100
Hitchhikingmike
TexasArmadillo
Randall
Kris Guilbeaux
Marshall and Lori
01explorer2wd + 1
2 rigs of friends of 01explorer2wd
Ugly Bro #2

In spirit while serving our country in Japan:
Zavaral :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tentatively optimistic that I may make this. :D

i will try to make it

Sigh in as a Longshot maybe again :(

Interested, the drive for me is only a couple hours and a half. I'm possibly a maybe.

As far as lodging anyone thats whats to come in Firday night, there is room at my house(have 3 extra bedrooms now) or you can pitch a tent in my yard.

I dont have goats - only cows. if we need more room Mike has it.

As far as lodging anyone thats whats to come in Firday night, there is room at my house(have 3 extra bedrooms now) or you can pitch a tent in my yard.

I dont have goats - only cows. if we need more room Mike has it.

Outstanding Bro!!!! :thumbsup: So folks, no charges for lodging, wheeling fees not required!!!

We are going to start at Robert's house and end there with a cook out!!!

Updating first post.

Sounds like this is going to be a fun meet!

That's what we be trying for!!!!!! After LaBajada, we are going to do a route recon and figure out the best route for the starting point and ending point. So, more to come!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh, I kind of want to go. But, my paint job is only a year old.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back