Central texas meet and run | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Central texas meet and run

Made it home safely. I am glad to say My 4x4 conversion on my Mounty exceeded my expectations, but now I am thinking of hitting the hay.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the awesome time guys!! Definitely looking forward to the next event and hopefully I'll be more qualified next time haha. :)

Made it home safely. I am glad to say My 4x4 conversion on my Mounty exceeded my expectations, but now I am thinking of hitting the hay.

Glad ya'll at home safely!! It was great and fun for ya'll to be here on this run!!! :thumbsup:

Boom Winning!!!!
Made it home alright. I am know enjoying my Whataburger Taquitos. As always it was a blast. Sorry I over heated and had to reboot. 43 it was good top meet ya. Sorry I wasn't more neighborly, but the heat got the best of me. TX Plates thanks for letting me ride with you all the day. Mike and Robert, thanks for letting us use yall place as a staging area. Also, thanks for the cooking. Well, I guess I'll see yall next gathering.

Boom Winning!!!!
Made it home alright. I am know enjoying my Whataburger Taquitos. As always it was a blast. Sorry I over heated and had to reboot. 43 it was good top meet ya. Sorry I wasn't more neighborly, but the heat got the best of me. TX Plates thanks for letting me ride with you all the day. Mike and Robert, thanks for letting us use yall place as a staging area. Also, thanks for the cooking. Well, I guess I'll see yall next gathering.

Glad you made it home Mike!! It was great for you to be here. Sometimes we have to cool down, don't know what the high temp was yesterday was, but Chis had 109 on his display in his trac.

I had the temp display up to 123 yesterday while we were wheeling.. I just thought it was mostly engine heat...

I had the temp display up to 123 yesterday while we were wheeling.. I just thought it was mostly engine heat...

:eek: Wow!! It was funny at the house after the run, thought it was cooling and feeling nice, checked the temp and it was 104.

what a great day. Like to thank everyone that attended.
This is what I saw most of the run
016.jpg

Refreshments EF style
017.jpg

ATTENDING:

IMG_2727.jpg

Left to Right; Adam, Curtis (43), Kris Guilbeaux, Dan (MrQ), Russell (NICE59FORDF100), Mike (Reapereviltwin), Chris (TxPlates), Marshall and Lori, Robert (easymc),sitting in Rob's truck is Gene, another brother) and Jacob coming from somewhere!!

Playing in the creek bed

IMG_2683.jpg

Kris's Mounty can take names and kick ass, trying to find the pic where he pulled 43's rig up the hill, his Mounty did not even hesitate while pulling it.

IMG_2684.jpg

old Jonesboro bridge over the Leon River

IMG_2687.jpg

Russell doing who knows what on the old bridge

SANY0021.jpg

the Leon River, or what's left of it

IMG_2689.jpg

old pump house at city lake

IMG_2705.jpg

Shade

SANY0023.jpg

Dan in Dark Thunder

SANY0025.jpg

Things that were learned this weekend:

The Recon 10,500 lb winch is worth every penny, used it twice, once to winch Rob's p/u out of some loose gravel in the creek bed, and then a real test of winching Dark Thunder.

Russell is correct, EF'ers can't park in a straight line

A drive thru beer store is a great pit stop for an EF convoy

SANY0020.jpg

SANY0012.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

What can I say, it's Russell!!

IMG_2696.jpg

LOL, I think there were a few of us at fault on that one Kris!!!

Your Mounty is awesome!!! :notworthy

Thank you mike So is Dr. Jack. It was nice to roll as one of the big dogs.

Thank you mike So is Dr. Jack. It was nice to roll as one of the big dogs.

Thank You Kris!! (after I did that first obstacle that took three tries, came back down and asked if anyone got pics, then I got the deer in the headlight look, I thought, D'oh!!.) The loose rocks make some spining wheel actions there!!

Russell said he does have a video of you pulling 43 up out of the pump house area, he is going to post that, of course Russell might take a while.

inside the old pump house

DSC_0492.jpg

the creek bed

DSC_0471.jpg

different view of the old Jonesboro Bridge

DSC_0483.jpg

a bunch of nuts on the new bridge

DSC_0484.jpg

the test of the recon winch completed

DSC_0497.jpg

Posting the pics and stuff and I forgot a very important item:

Thank You to Robert (easmc) for letting us meet at his place, have the cookout there, and for all his hospilitly to fellow EF'ers!!! :salute:

Had a great time! Hopefully by next time the Rock Trac will be back to 4x4 :) Thanks Robert for hosting and letting me stay the night! TexasAmardillo, I enjoy the company on the ride! And I have your tri-pod, I'll keep it in the garage for you for next time. Definitely gonna have to back and spend more time at the lake doing those trails.

And a huge thanks to Russell and Robert for helping make a housing for the rear camera and installing it :)

IMG_2744.png

IMG_2738.png

And installed - I'll paint it eventually... hahah
IMG_2746.png

P.S. When you can please upload your photos to the Demon4x4 drop box folder - thanks!!

Looks like you guys had a good time. The carnage report is pretty dismal tho, you guys didn't wheel hard enough :p:

It was a great time, but the carnage report is small, but you would of had to seen the obstacles we were going over, not a lot of them, but they were some good ones. Us Texas and Okie boys know how to rip crap up without ripping our stuff up. :D I am suprised I didn't rip out the underarriage of the rig on one of them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chris, you are more than welcome. I was glad to do it, had one hell of a weekend thanks to all of you. Yea we need to spend a day at the lake there is a lot more areas that we didnt cover. So come on back anytime.

( P.S. next time let someone else win :D)

Back