Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Check engine light + various messages, engine stalls

Discussion in 'Computers, Chips & Tuning' started by mcsmith2012, September 5, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. mcsmith2012

mcsmith2012 New Member

City, State:
      Fargo, ND
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2005 Ford Explorer XLT
      I drive a 2005 Explorer XLT that I purchased from a dealer a few months ago. Odometer is at 126,000.
      Recently, I started having trouble with the check engine light coming on, and the car stalling out (losing power steering and acceleration.) The first time this happened (3 days ago) is said "oil pressure low" so I checked the oil and the level was normal. Today this also happened on my way to work, but instead of just saying "oil pressure low" various messages popped up (gas cap, oil pressure, etc.) and it stalled out again. Once I turn off the car and restart the engine the lights go off and it runs just fine again. It's very unsettling, because the car stalls out randomly as I'm driving down the road at about 35/40 mph and I'm worried about it happening on the interstate. Anyone else deal with this issue in the past? I'm having trouble finding much about it.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.