• Register Today It's free!

Check Head Lamp warning

agreznik

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer Sport
I just installed CREE LED headlamp bulbs with a CANBUS which was supposed to eliminate warning messages. The new headlamps work perfectly by my warning lights to check Left and Right headlamps keeps coming on. Also the same for high beams. I sense this is due to the lower amp draw but was hoping someone could help in providing a solution.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Agreznik, I just bought some OPT7 CREE LED headlight bulbs. No error messages UNTIL I hit the high beams...they I get all 4 'Check' headlamp messages.
OPT7 is sending me a pair of resistors and a pair of capacitors to try out...hopefully one or the other works. I should have them sometime next week.
I'll update this thread when I get them.

John

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headlig...automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1484119304&sr=1-4&th=1

Thanks John, also ordered resistors from LED Headlights Pro which are supposed to be warning cancelers and anti-flicker. Mine aren't flickering but I also get all 4 errors. I will also report back once installed.

Just installed the resistors from LED Headlights Pro and they worked beautifully. No more warning messages. Lights work great as well. No flicker at all.

Congrats, Agreznik! I too have installed the resistors...so much brighter than OEM and no more error messages!

Agreznik, I just bought some OPT7 CREE LED headlight bulbs. No error messages UNTIL I hit the high beams...they I get all 4 'Check' headlamp messages.
OPT7 is sending me a pair of resistors and a pair of capacitors to try out...hopefully one or the other works. I should have them sometime next week.
I'll update this thread when I get them.

John

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headlig...automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1484119304&sr=1-4&th=1
So after driving with them for the last 9-months John, how are they holding up? Any issues...flicker...error messages? I noticed they sell what appears to be the same kit, with an "ECM Capacitor". Is this what they sent you?

Part number 900-00076

http://www.opt-7.com/fluxbeam-led-headlights/

.....Or, they also have what's called a "TIPM Stabilizing Resistor" as a $10 option. Says it for Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products to override something in their computer system? Wondering if this is what in fact may have been sent to you, for the same reason?

With my added resistors I occasionally get a warning message but I hit the reset button on my dash and it goes away. Because of the very infrequent occurrence I decided just to leave it alone.

Same here...I rarely receive a warning and usually only if I flash my brights...a quick reset on the dash and all is well.

Thanks John, also ordered resistors from LED Headlights Pro which are supposed to be warning cancelers and anti-flicker. Mine aren't flickering but I also get all 4 errors. I will also report back once installed.
I just installed anti flicker units but still get the warning to check the high and low beams

Back