Chip for the beast | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chip for the beast

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recommend getting a custom programmed chip from one of our sponsers. Those chips on ebay are just generic chips. You want something more detailed to your vehicle and modifications.

huskyfan23 said:
A decent chip is going to cost you ~$350. That thing is a resistor in a plastic box. DON'T buy it and DON'T make one yourself either. Bamachips is this site's favorite, though they like to ignore first gens :rolleyes:

Hey guy,

I don't ignore Gen 1's I just don't like to sell something to a person that I don't think is going to make a difference enough to justify the cost. Not to mention the trouble of actually getting the programming isn't worth the wait. For the $300 for a chip you can get a air intake and catback exhaust and on a stock Explorer you'll gain more with those two items then with a chip. Truely, there are about 4 catagories with about 16 items you can modify on EEC4, on EEC5 there are more then 30 catagories and over 300 items.

Now if you NEED a chip like a supercharged 4.0 or something with alot of internal engine mods then I'll do it but it would probably require a dyno tune.

Ohh,and for your new Model Explorer you'll need either a X-calibrator version one or two, the difference is the one will hold three tunes only where as the two will hold three tunes and pull codes and datalog.

Please email me for more information Bamachips@charter.net

Thanks, Doug.

aldive said:
I would avoid that like the plague.

Contact Doug Studdard at Bama Chips for advide as to what is best for you.

http://www.bamachips.com/

Good luck ...........

I ordered mine last week (Bama Chip), can't wait till it shows up!!!!!

Explorer46L said:
I ordered mine last week (Bama Chip), can't wait till it shows up!!!!!

Way to go ..........

You will not be disappointed.

eh...seemed too good to be true but i thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Back