1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Cigarette Lighter Stays On

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by unix4linux, June 15, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. unix4linux

unix4linux New Member

City, State:
      Orlando
      I have a 12v connector / USB on the cigarette lighter that is by the dash. This is the one where both the AUX and USB ports are located directly in front of the shifter. Whenever I turn my vehicle off, this outlet is still providing power. The lighter inside the armrest doesn't do this. Is there a setting where I can tell it to stop pushing power once the vehicle is off? I'd like to keep my tablet connected to this and have the tablet shut off when it doesn't sense any more power.

I have a 2014 Explorer XLT.

2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. shadowless127

shadowless127 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Long Island, NY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '01 EB AWD 5.0
      Most Fords have always-on outlets, at least from my experience. I suspect your '14 is no different.

4. Mbrooks420

Mbrooks420 High Voltage. Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Erie, Pennsylvania
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1998 Mountaineer AWD
      Agreed with above, typical Ford setup. There are lots of times when an always on outlet is desired.