Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

climate control broken?

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by OneofMany, January 3, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. OneofMany

OneofMany Active Member

City, State:
      Georgia Mountains- Talullah Falls
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      94 expl 4x4
      Good Morning guys. I have been having issues with the climate control slide lever for a while. It would be pretty sticky and not want to move easily. Now something changed and let loose and the lever does not stay on panel, keeps moving back to the right, but whatever I select, I only get air out of the defrost vents. Is my control mechanism broken finally?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Rhett

Rhett Let Them Eat Cake Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Cape Girardeau, MO
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      94 Sport 4x4
      Could be. I would take it apart and see what happened. I had to do that once, and the defroster switch got stuck. I had to clean and re-lube. Yours sounds like something came loose though. Hopefully it's not broken and you just need to re-attach something.