and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Clutch pedal is stuck in the up postion

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by awdsixbolt, January 31, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. awdsixbolt

awdsixbolt Active Member

City, State:
      hampton va
      Year and Model:
      93 sport
      I read through hundreds of forums on here and could not find something that sounded like my problem.

i was on my way home from work in my 93 explorer sport 5 speed,
      i get about half way home and realized i could not push my clutch in at all it is completey stuck in the up postion like something was behind it keeping me from pushing it, i managed to get home with using the clutch just fine and the x drove fine and sounded fine no noises or anything. i get home and cant find anything out of the ordinary.
      just the clutch being stuck, i looked at the plunger assymbly (it was dark) it seemed fine but ima look again when its light out.

i did just replace the tranny, slave cylinder and the clutch is almost brand new same as the flywheel.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Foxracin

Foxracin Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Mount Holly, NC
      Year and Model:
      Check to make sure the clutch line didnt somehow come loose at the quick disconnect. If its disconnected you cant push the clutch down.

Just a idea.

Last edited: January 31, 2011
    4. awdsixbolt

awdsixbolt Active Member

City, State:
      hampton va
      Year and Model:
      93 sport
      Sounds like a good thought ill check that out right now thanks.

5. awdsixbolt

awdsixbolt Active Member

City, State:
      hampton va
      Year and Model:
      93 sport
      foxracin your my hero the quik disconnect came out somehow thanks bro