Code name U502. 2011 Boosted Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Code name U502. 2011 Boosted Explorer.

Bjoker87

Reaction score
City, State
Taylor Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a thread dedicated to the 2011+ Ex's. I have read about a 3.5TT in an F150 and when compared to a similar equipped F150 with the 5.4, the 3.5 walked away from it. Also, there is an SHO that has a tune and homemade CAI running 12.7's, he may be faster now. So yes, only a tune and CAI and those fat pigs are hitting 12.7's:D

Make it a twin turbo v8 then I'll get excited.

Yeah I guess the new 6.2 V8 wouldn't run to bad with a pair of hairdryers attached to it? :burnout:

They won't do the v8 turbo anything, the whole reason for ecoboost is to rid us of v8 muscle, I hate power adders, granted I am excited for the new motors but build the motor so it creates it's own power and do your company justice. Do you think Ford will ever do a special edition or hypo version of the Ex, chevy had the TBSS, dodge kinda had a hemi durango jeep has the srt8(badass SUV) that kind leave ford out, and it's not like they dont have the companys to do the research and development, roush, svt, saleen, I'm tired of mustangs getting all the love:(

It'll be a sad day when the V8 is extinct.. :( But that's the trend of the future the 4Cyl is now the V6, and the V6 is now the V8. I personally can't wait to drive an explorer, I think it'd be great if they'd put the mustang's 3.7L in instead of a 3.5L, but I'm not going to be driving one of these 2011's for a while. I'll take the gas guzzler.

Back