Code P0446 .. After a Clutch job and plugs and wires. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Code P0446 .. After a Clutch job and plugs and wires.

KLUTZP

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 MAZDA B2300
Hi all. I'm not new to this site as I frequented it way back when I had my 1998 Explorers. But.. I was directed by the guys on the Mazda forum to post here. I hope it is the right spot.
I have a 2010 B2300 (Ford Ranger basically). Just under 200,000 km and never had an issue with it up to this past week. It was time for a new clutch so I took it into my mechanic to do the work. I also had him do plugs and wires as they had not been done before. He did the work and I am pleased but... When I picked the truck up the CEL was on. He said it was on when I took it there and I know for a fact it was not. He scanned it and said it was Code P40446, Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction. He said he cleared it but it was still on. I cleared it again when I got home and it came on right away again. I contacted him again and he insists he didn't do anything that would have set that off but I don't believe him.
Could changing the plugs and wires or changing the clutch create this issue? Could he have pulled some wire out that I should look at? Any assistance would be good. He said to bring it back in and he would try to figure it out but I have my doubts..

Back