• Register Today It's free!

Code P1450

ocracokeBound

Reaction score
City, State
NoVa
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 Explorer Base
P1450 Ford - Unable to Bleed Up Bleed Fuel Tank Vacuum, engine light came on for a few days (I ordered a scanner), then went off for a week. Just came back on with this code, anyone else had it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P1450 Ford - Unable to Bleed Up Bleed Fuel Tank Vacuum, engine light came on for a few days (I ordered a scanner), then went off for a week. Just came back on with this code, anyone else had it?
If you do a 'Search' on P1450 in the 3 sub forums you'll find that it is only mentioned in your thread, no others. so the answer would likely be NO.

Peter

Thanks Peter, Bobby has the right thread (thanks!) purge control valve, the OP just did not pull the code. $24 bucks at Amazon, a reviewer has my car, just got to find it on the intake manifold.

OEM. Took 3 minutes to install on 2013 Explorer. Check inlet fuel warning and check engine light went away. Also cleaned the easy fuel enrty using the nozzle adapter and WD 40.

It is not a rare condition for the new design of the valve, in case someone else gets the code https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6dsQoq73aE

Yes, I've been having this code and it recurs after clearing it. I've been hoping somebody else would have some useful information about the likely cause.

So based on the information linked above (Thanks ocracokeBound and BobbyMarks) I replaced the vapor canister purge control valve on my ex and reset the code. Super easy 10 minute install right on top of the intake manifold. Two little connectors, two 8mm bolts is all. If the code comes back I'll update.

The part number, which I believe is updated since my car's build, is CX-2409 AU5Z-9C915-B

Only other thing I have to add is "DON'T CLEAR CODES".

With codes like these, the MIL will go off after the condition causing it is cleared. It may require so many cycles before the MIL goes off, but similar is said when you force the DTC reset, the condition has to be encountered a similar number of times before the MIL comes back on (if the repair didn't fix the condition).

Clearing the DTC's deletes valuable information that could possibly help someone else diagnose the problem if the first repair doesn't fix the underlying problem.

So based on the information linked above (Thanks ocracokeBound and BobbyMarks) I replaced the vapor canister purge control valve on my ex and reset the code. Super easy 10 minute install right on top of the intake manifold. Two little connectors, two 8mm bolts is all. If the code comes back I'll update.

The part number, which I believe is updated since my car's build, is CX-2409 AU5Z-9C915-B

Did this permanently solve your problem? I also have a Kodiac Brown Metallic 2013, and, coincidentally, tried some E85 fuel shortly before the CEL came on. I ran a couple of tanks on a long road trip down to Myrtle Beach, and the light did not come on, but all other tanks of gas I have run before and after have it come on at least once since the problem first occurred. I have been clearing it until I can get it in for repair, since I also have a rear A/C problem to get fixed, which will make it worth the hassle, but work has been too hectic to take the time off. Around the same time I tried the E85, I also had a minor accident that necessitated having the front grill and bumper cover replaced, and I wondered if the jolt the vehicle received could have caused the problem, as well.

Thanks!

When I replaced the valve I did not clear the code. After a 100 or so miles it cleared itself and has not returned in the 1000s since.

Just let the pump click once when filling. Apparently some people who do more than one click have this issue (overfilling the tank)

Hankbear, yes the vapor canister purge control valve did permanently fix my code. Super easy fix.

I probably did cause the problem initially by overfilling my tank. I don't do that anymore. :)

Just let the pump click once when filling. Apparently some people who do more than one click have this issue (overfilling the tank)
One click should not cause any issue. I always stop after the second shut-off. The Manual states no more that two shut-offs.
Allow no more than two automatic click–offs when filling.

Peter

When I replaced the valve I did not clear the code. After a 100 or so miles it cleared itself and has not returned in the 1000s since.

Good news, thanks!!

Although the manual says not to do more than two, I always stop after the first shutoff, something I've been doing for many, many years. I used to (when I had an older car without a vented cap and much less emissions controls) fill it as full as possible, but I think I stopped doing that with my first Saturn in 1992.

Thanks!

Hankbear, yes the vapor canister purge control valve did permanently fix my code. Super easy fix.

I probably did cause the problem initially by overfilling my tank. I don't do that anymore. :)

Thanks for the confirmation!!

I never put any gas in the car after the initial shut off. If you watch the video I linked the guy explains the old design never failed but the new design fails pretty regularly.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, But I'm currently experiencing this problem. Will have to perform this when I have a chance,

Hello all, im new to the group and looking for a little help. I have been givin the P1450 code from the computer. Could anybody point me in the direction of where i should start looking or what the actual problem is?. Its running a little sluggish now but still drives well.
Thanks Jay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all, im new to the group and looking for a little help. I have been givin the P1450 code from the computer. Could anybody point me in the direction of where i should start looking or what the actual problem is?. Its running a little sluggish now but still drives well.
Thanks Jay
Welcome to the Forum Jay.:wave:
The Forum has a handy 'Search' feature (upper right) that I used to find this existing thread and have merged yours with it.
I see you are from my old home town.:)

Peter

Back