• Register Today It's free!

Code ???

SinCityKnights

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City,OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
My cel came on and i had it checked. The code that came up i can't find in any book. The code is PO446 Evap system. Any help would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P0446 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction

I moved this to EEC-V since this is what it deals with.

-Drew

Thanks, So were do i start to find this problem. I have no idea about this stuff.

I believe this code is usually set because of a loose gas cap. Double check it to make sure.

-Drew

I put a new gas cap on a month ago. Than the code came on after a week of driving. Yesterday i talked to a ford mech. He looked up that code P0446 and said it was a Blocked Canister Vent ( High System Vacuum) So i'll be under the truck this weekend. Thanks for your help

SinCityKnights said:
I put a new gas cap on a month ago. Than the code came on after a week of driving. Yesterday i talked to a ford mech. He looked up that code P0446 and said it was a Blocked Canister Vent ( High System Vacuum) So i'll be under the truck this weekend. Thanks for your help
Any luck fixing this problem. I have same code. Also replaced gas cap. At the moment I have EVAP canister in my hands, but other than cleaning some junk from the purge valve I don't know what to do with it. This canister is held above the spare tire by 3 bolts and has 1 electrical connection and 2 gas fume lines.

I looked up the code and this is what I got via OBDII.com

-P0446 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction

Dead Link Removed

-Drew

Back