1. to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Cold Air coming in around glove box w/ heat on!

Discussion in 'Explorer, Ranger, A/C & Heater systems HVAC' started by kid442, November 17, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. kid442

kid442 New Member

November 6, 2008
      I have a 2004 Explorer. Replaced the blend door actuator last spring. Have air and heat all summer and fall. Long trip over the weekend and my passenger was cold and uncomfortable with cold air coming in the passenger side of the dash. I jumped into the pass seat and there is a breeze. When you open the glove box it really come in. Can anyone help???
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. swetrid

swetrid Well-Known Member

September 30, 2010
      City, State:
      Reading Pa
      Year and Model:
      1999 Eddie Bauer
      Recirculation door is broken off, common problem. This part of the heaterbox is only like $60 but you must remove the dashboard to replace. The door falls onto the blower motor and usually restricts the airflow somewhat.