Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

Mustang,

How is the fitment on that heat shield when it comes to the hood? I know with the airaid systems others were using (SHO part number) the fitment wasnt great and the intake temps were getting high. I am curious about these new systems if they are actually fitting and keeping that engine air out.
Still trying to decide whether I want to do the custom system with the filter under the headlight or if its worth it to buy one of these. I like how the k&n system at least moves the filter over to the corner more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mustang,

How is the fitment on that heat shield when it comes to the hood? I know with the airaid systems others were using (SHO part number) the fitment wasnt great and the intake temps were getting high. I am curious about these new systems if they are actually fitting and keeping that engine air out.
Still trying to decide whether I want to do the custom system with the filter under the headlight or if its worth it to buy one of these. I like how the k&n system at least moves the filter over to the corner more.

Fit is great, they did their homework on the kit, the offset the shield a lot more than the AirRaid.

I would like to see the new kit Livernois has now but they have zero pics of it of their website, no doubt that one will be a good fit too, considering the owner owns and races his Explorer SPORT.

Fit is great, they did their homework on the kit, the offset the shield a lot more than the AirRaid.

I would like to see the new kit Livernois has now but they have zero pics of it of their website, no doubt that one will be a good fit too, considering the owner owns and races his Explorer SPORT.

Not the owner, but their tuner that owns the Explorer Sport.

Will parts that fit the Explorer Sport fit the Explorer non-sport?

I'm sure its been answered but I cant seem to find it!

Our explorer is indeed black. My apologies for the missing photos of our Livernois Motorsports Windstorm cold air intakes on the website. We are currently making some changes to our product information and categories. Our new Evenflo cooler thermostats and Windstorm cold air intakes are both on that list of updates. The look is very similar to our previous intake but now feature our emblem on the air box and laser etched logo on the face of the cone filter as well.

Our explorer is indeed black. My apologies for the missing photos of our Livernois Motorsports Windstorm cold air intakes on the website. We are currently making some changes to our product information and categories. Our new Evenflo cooler thermostats and Windstorm cold air intakes are both on that list of updates. The look is very similar to our previous intake but now feature our emblem on the air box and laser etched logo on the face of the cone filter as well.

Those should look great!

Those should look great!

Thanks for the kind words!

The Windstorm intakes are very nice looking products. I am in the process of getting some high resolution photos to post here on the board and also update the web site as well so stay tuned for more to come!

Harley...

the intake I ordered and installed did not come with a heat shield.

I know its been a while but it's kind of perfect... How good is that Injen cai doing?? I've considered buying either the K&N (expensive) or the Injen (cheaper) I just don't like how the airaid looks. Any input would be appreciated thanks.

Thanks for the kind words!

The Windstorm intakes are very nice looking products. I am in the process of getting some high resolution photos to post here on the board and also update the web site as well so stay tuned for more to come!

I would love to see that cai...

Intake

I just purchased the Windstorm from Livernois along with camber bolts and HR Springs through Brandon. I will get pictures up next weekend.

I just purchased the Windstorm from Livernois along with camber bolts and HR Springs through Brandon. I will get pictures up next weekend.

That'll be great... I've been looking for pics of this cai and I've found none...

Airbornemaikai, are you tuned?

Yea it's just like an airaid copy... But unfortunely I don't like that kind of box how it looks under the hood... So I think I'll get the K&N although it's more expensive ...

Our intake is a Livernois Motorsports exclusive product made to our specifications by Airaid.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back